Load and Unload .arx aplications dynamically.

jlobo

I have few .arx applications for AutoCAD. In these applications few are menu based and others are command line. Now what I am trying to do is,

1. Load the .arx app,
  2. run it and then
  3. unload it once the .arx application runs through a LISP command. .arx applications run once the user clicks on the tabs that are provided. .arx applications are written in VC++.

Now I have a lisp file, which gets loaded once the user starts AutoCAD. In the lisp files I have declared these functions for various .arx applications;

(defun c:XYZ_program() (command) (command) (arxload "C:/ABC/XYZ.arx") (command "XYZ_program") (arxunload "XYZ.arx") )

It works fine for Programs which need input data from Menu based forms, but says error unloading xyz.arx for programs which need command line input.

I was wondering if there were any commands in LISP that will make sure arxunload "XYZ.arx" will execute only once (command "XYZ_program") is executed.

I am not sure on how to approach this problem. Any help with the same would be greatly appreciated.

I have also discussed this question with others in the following link, but did not find much of help. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17602443/loading-and-unloading-the-arx-file-with-lisp

You can have a look at it, just to gather some information, in which direction were we heading.

Edited by jlobo