WCS - how to make it Dynamic ?

niegrau

My coordinate system is set to world and now in the middle of modeling, whatever I draw it puts it on z axis at 0 level. so I have to keep moving the objects to where it must be and give them rotations. in Autocad there is a Dynamic UCS, is there such thing in Max also? or other ways to draw at the whereabouts of desired place !?

I didn't quite get it why and in which situations we could draw a Grid plane and have it activated !? (as shown in the images in that thread)

If you just want to create a single object, on the face of another object, you can simply enable AutoGrid and then draw your object on whatever existing object face you choose. But if you want to continuously work in a non standard plane, so that everything you draw will be aligned on that same non standard plane, you will need to draw out a grid object and activate it.

Maybe this will help:

AutoGrid:

Grid Helper Object:

http://www.3dmax-tutorials.com/Using_Grid_Objects.html

that's great, thank you. however I need some time to go through the tutorial links well. but there's a slight problem for now, the AUTOGRID in command panel, keeps getting back to unchecked mark. do I have to mark it every single time I draw an object? any shortcuts or remedial preference adjustments?

If you just want to create a single object, on the face of another object, you can simply enable AutoGrid and then draw your object on whatever existing object face you choose. But if you want to continuously work in a non standard plane, so that everything you draw will be aligned on that same non standard plane, you will need to draw out a grid object and activate it.

Maybe this will help:

AutoGrid:

Grid Helper Object:

http://www.3dmax-tutorials.com/Using_Grid_Objects.html

the AUTOGRID in command panel, keeps getting back to unchecked mark. do I have to mark it every single time I draw an object?

No, once you enable AutoGrid it should stay enabled until you uncheck it. I'm not sure why this is happening.