Corridor Bowties

PEGAdevelopment

I have built a corridor and corridor surface but I have a bowtie area (see attached pic) in the green circle. Can anyone give me a step by step on how to fix this?

I tried removing the daylights in that area, but it still doesnt look right.

I'm not so familiar with grading tools/groups so any help in that department would be appreciated.

pics.docx

I found this link http://www.civil4d.com/2009/09/bowties-be-gone/

But I get stuck at number 4. Can anyone give me a step by step on this one?

See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106007244/GradingExample.7z for a video of completing points 4 & 5 of that method.

If the feature line to grade from is along the whole length on your corridor, then you would pick the length of feature line to apply the grading too when prompted during the grading process (because of how my assembly without daylighting in that region was setup I didn't need to do this).

My assembly in the adjacent regions had a 1:4 cut/fill daylighting, hence why I used a 1:4 cut/fill grade on my grading object for the region in-between.

Thanks! I was able to get some grading done yesterday. But today I open my Autocad Civil 3d 2014 (up to date) and my creategrading tool is not working. It acts like its going to work, then nothing happens :( Anyone Else run into this? No settings were changed between yesterday and today. Ugh.

Grading has always been dodgy in Civil 3d. In 2014 it is actually useable compared to what it was like 5 years ago.

Other than restarting the software and constantly saving and making backups of your files, I don't know what else can be done.