Using Touchpad for Only Pan/Zoom?

muzicman82

Hello,

I just thought of something that would be really cool if it were possible. I use a mouse all the time for CAD on my laptop. It's a Dell Precisiom M6500 so it is "designed" for CAD and other production work. I would like to set it up so that any time I drag on the touchpad, it pans around the drawing. Essentially just one finger scroll. Maybe pinch to zoom in and out would be cool too. This should work without clicking.

I already have the middle button on my mouse for press and hold to pan, but I like options...

I believe your touchpad would have to support application specific settings in order to pan/zoom AutoCAD without any other input. The touchpad should already pan when depressing the middle mouse button.

It does, and has a middle mouse button, but I was trying to set it up to not need to press anything... Dell does have a "Shuttle/Jog" mode for this touchpad. I'll see if it can do anything there.