Block attributes not displaying

gman1979

Hi,

I created a block in the way I always do.

-draw a symbol

-define an attribute & place it

-go to draw>block>make and select the object i want to be in my block and name it.

as normal once i completed this my block appeared with the attribute window popping up as expecting looking for me enter a value for my attribute.

I intended to use this block along with the measure command to reference a number of points along a poly line as equal distanced (I've done this many items before).

when using the measure command and typing in my block name, it appears at the selected distance along the polyline, but the attribute text is not visible. when you select the block, there is no attribute within it (i.e. no attribute dialogue box appears, nor is there a field in the block properties window for the attribute to be amended).

when i insert the block into the drawing using insert>block, it appears as expected with its attribute?

I have found a work around for this, but it's not ideal. I've created a temp block from my original block, using the measure command it displays correctly. i have to then explode the temp block which leaves the original block and its attribute in place.

I really don't understand why this is behaving this way and would appreciate anyone out there who has a greater understanding than i do as to how.why this is happening, its the first time Ive encountered this problem and would prefer not to have to reply on this rather untidy work around.

thanks in advance

Gman1979

AutoCAD 2013

Win 7 enterprise 64-bit

8GB ram

Hi,

when using the measure command and typing in my block name, it appears at the selected distance along the polyline, but the attribute text is not visible. when you select the block, there is no attribute within it (i.e. no attribute dialogue box appears, nor is there a field in the block properties window for the attribute to be amended).

when i insert the block into the drawing using insert>block, it appears as expected with its attribute?

The measure command with block option never did insert a block with the attributes.