Double click > REFEDIT

fostertom

Alright, go into your CUI and look for the "Double click options" menu. Expand it and find "block" and then expand block. Click on "block- double click" and on the right where the macro is, delete this:

$M=$(if,$(and,$(>,$(getvar,blockeditlock),0)),^C^C_properties,^C^C_bedit)

and insert this instead:

$M=$(if,$(and,$(>,$(getvar,blockeditlock),0)),^C^C_properties,^C^C_REFEDIT)

If you can't figure it out or need help with anything else just ask.

Insert this instead:

$M=$(if,$(and,$(>,$(getvar,blockeditlock),0)),^C^C_properties,^C^C_REFEDIT)

The macro can be simply:

^C^C_refedit

Since the BLOCKEDITLOCK system variable has no effect on the operation of the REFEDIT command. ;)

Though, I would also note that the 'and' DIESEL expression is redundant in the original macro, since the '>' DIESEL function will return a value of either 1 or 0.

Yes they're both the same... I simply replaced the last word because I didn't see a reason to change the entire thing. I know what you said works Lee but eh.. whatever the OP wants to use.

Any ideas on a one-key or a click-on-screen way to later execute REFCLOSE, without going looking for the icon to click?

My workflow, I go in and out of in-place editing Blocks all the time.

uhmm.. You can make a toolbar or something with the REFCLOSE button on it... I'd change the REFCLOSE to this if I were you:

^C^C_REFCLOSE;save;

This will make the button a better option... just need to put it in a more convenient place. You can even make a keyboard shortcut for it if you like. Let me know if that's what you want and I'll explain that. Either way I recommend changing the REFCLOSE in your CUI to what I have.

• 4 years later...

it would be better for my workflow if all the dialog boxes are removed, the nested xref dialog box after xrefedit command and the confirm changes dialog box at closing. is it possible?

thanks