Altos de Chavon

Cad64

Here's my latest project. I started this one about 2 years ago in Studio Max, but I got sidetracked with other things and never got back to it until now. So a few weeks ago I brought my partially finished model into Modo and completed the modeling work, created & applied textures and rendered out the final image. I then took it into Photoshop to do the plants and create the final image.

I saw a photo of this church in a magazine and decided to recreate it in 3D. Here's a little background on the church and the village:

Altos de chavón is a recreated 16th century stone village built by artists, high on top of a mountain. It is about 90 minutes by auto from Boca Chica.

Authentic cobblestone streets, stone carvings, and Spanish architecture gives the feeling that the village is centuries old, but it was built by hand using wood, stone, and iron in 1976 by artists under the direction of famous Italian cinematographer Roperto Copa. Altos de Chavón is also home to some of the best restaurants in all of the Dominican Republic, perched high above and overlooking the Chavón River.

https://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=25&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=9C9iSKM-N79QYLh9MMoj4Q&cp=7&gs_id=4d&xhr=t&q=altos+de+chavon&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.50952593,d.cGE&biw=1483&bih=863&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=EtwTUoTMDq-IigLyk4CYAg#fp=9432df055db44c68&hl=en&q=altos+de+chavon+church&tbm=isch&um=1&imgdii=_

Church-Final-Resized.jpg

• 1 month later...

That's a fantastic job. I wish one day I would do the same with in a week. unfortunately from where I live I can not access to the higher resolution of the image in your website. so about this picture I supposed some extra contrast, doing on the walls which are perpendicular, makes the image more readable.

hope you like it

001.jpg