A3 paper size 425x302 ??

dreamer

I installed a new printer Officejet 7500A recently. Strangely that the A3 paper size appears in the Plot dialogue box is 425x302mm:?. Tried many hours to re-configure the Properties with no success.

Urgent help needed please.

Not that off though, 420x297mm is what I find it to be, so 5mm bigger on each side. At least it means that your drawings will all show, they will just have more borders.

As to how to reconfigure it - you need to do it in the printers configuration, as it isn't an AutoCAD thing, is there anything in the user guide?

How much time have you spent plotting something out and seeing where the lines come on the paper?

Perhaps if you make the plots centred, and do some calibration check plots, you would gain in confidence with your new plotter, despite it not knowing how large is an A3 sheet.

Tiger. I know 425x302 is not far off but I would prefer thing which appears proper. HP printer Properties just give me A3, no where I can check the measurements.

Eldon. "Center the plot" is grey out :cry:.

At Plotter Configuration Editor / Modify Standard Paper Sizes gives me - Paper size: 302x425, Printable Area: 286x419

If you have What to Plot set to Layout, then you can't center the plot. Change to Extents, then you can use Center the Plot.

I have changed the paper sizes a few times in the past, and it is always different depending on what printer you use, and usually hidden down in the depths of Advanced Settings..

Are you plotting from a layout?

If so, there should be a dashed line that represents the hard limits of the plot area. What does that measure?

Yes, plotting from a layout. Do you mean the little diagram in the Plot dialogue box?

It indicates 425x302. Where is this measurement comes from I wonder?:x

Have you tried at least one plot?

Okay, by messing around with Configuration, I managed to print A3 drawing but that doesn't mean the settings are making sense to me.

Now there is another problem. The border which set 10mm from the edge of the paper printed out okay, but weirdly some texts that are about 2-8mm away inside of the border not printed with the exception of lines.

Below is the configurations and appreciated please see if you have spotted anything wrong.