• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• rkmcswain

• nestly

• neophoible

I haven't been here long, but ever since I discovered your website full of scrummy LISPs I've had an admiration for your sense of ruthless efficiency in AutoCAD. I wonder, if you added up all the time your LISPs have saved us, how much time it would accumulate to...

Yes, Lee Mac does show a lot of great AutoLisp programming...and I know what the OP means by his post.

I'll never forget the man who introduced and got me hooked on AutoLisp 16 years ago. David S. This was back in the R14 days, when you had model space and ONE paper space. He programmed AutoCAD to create views in paper space of all building levels from one 2D model. 2D blocks of columns were tagged with xdata and only showed up in those viewports with the correct level designation. Beams were tagged in the same manner. We never had to switch from one drawing to another. Everything was printed from one paper space. This cut down on a lot of errors.

Since then, there have been many that have showed me new ways to do things. Kenny from the original AfraLisp site, Bill Kramer through his books, and the late Axel Strube-Zettler, who helped me to learn to get to the roots of AutoLisp and build up a programming environment in AutoLisp from scratch. Lee has shown me to learn the math first then write the function, which I found to be an interesting approach and helps in solving difficult problems with simple equations.

So, I tip my hat to you Lee Mac!! And many thanks!

I'm new here, but I always visit this site to gather information about LISP programming, and I always see Lee Mac helping out and I learn a lot from it.

I also visit Lee Mac's site to get samples of LISP to create automated acad jobs for the company where I'm currently working as an IT (they can't pay for a programmer to do the LISP programming so they assigned me to do that :facepalm:).

Thanks for giving out your samples, it helps me a lot! You're cool and the best in LISP 8) :notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy:

Thank you all for your incredibly kind & complimentary words of gratitude -

I'm honoured to have inspired & assisted so many members of the CAD community, both directly & indirectly.

As some may have noticed, I have been absent from the forums for the past couple of weeks, but reading these comments is a warm welcome back.

• 1 year later...

One day I'll make it to AU and finally meet you all :D

It's only February, we could make this happen CadTutor members.... presuming it's a financial thing, since flights from across the pond are not cheap...

Flight + AU registration + Hotel = ±US$4000

We just need 400 CadTutor members to come up with $10 each over the next 6 months, or $20 from 200 of us....,etc.

https://www.indiegogo.com/ seems to be an applicable crowdfunding site. Who's in?

As would I. I have run into another problem that my company would like me to solve, and Lee has once again been my go-to first stop shop! Thanks for all the help! If I buy you a beer at AU would you respond to my email first? I just sent you one via your page! :beer:

It's only February, we could make this happen CadTutor members.... presuming it's a financial thing, since flights from across the pond are not cheap...

Flight + AU registration + Hotel = ±US$4000

We just need 400 CadTutor members to come up with $10 each over the next 6 months, or $20 from 200 of us....,etc.

https://www.indiegogo.com/ seems to be an applicable crowdfunding site. Who's in?

I'd like to see this happen.

Indeed, every year I've wanted to attend AU to meet the CAD community I've conversed with over the past 6 years or so that I've been a member here and at other CAD programming forums; but as you've gathered, I simply cannot afford or justify the cost of flights & accommodation for only a couple of days at an event... with that said, I've never used a crowd-funding site, and I'm not sure how it would sit with me to know that I would be travelling on the charity of others - it feels a little guilty. But if others are keen, then I would be incredibly flattered by such a kind gesture.

As would I. I have run into another problem that my company would like me to solve, and Lee has once again been my go-to first stop shop! Thanks for all the help! If I buy you a beer at AU would you respond to my email first? I just sent you one via your page! :beer:

Thank you resullins - I've received & replied to your message :)

.... but as you've gathered, I simply cannot afford or justify the cost of flights & accommodation for only a couple of days at an event...

I was probably a little out of line presuming it was a financial decision. o:)

Oops...

....with that said, I've never used a crowd-funding site, and I'm not sure how it would sit with me to know that I would be travelling on the charity of others

I can understand that feeling...... :stop: I've never used one either, but I've seen the results of some of them and I'm usually pretty amazed.

I was probably a little out of line presuming it was a financial decision. o:)

Oops...

Don't worry, I took no offence :)

I can understand that feeling...... :stop: I've never used one either, but I've seen the results of some of them and I'm usually pretty amazed.

Me too - there was a notable news story here in the UK recently in which a crowd-funding page had been organised for a pensioner who had been mugged outside his own home - the page ultimately raised over £330,000 ($510,000) in only a couple of weeks before the man in question requested that the donations were stopped as the money was too much for him.

Considering how much I've benefited from Lee's programming, I'd be honored to help see this happen. Let's get it done!

Thanks nestly - that means a lot :)