• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• rkmcswain

• nestly

• neophoible

Perhaps we should start thinking about financing the mammoth bender that's likely to happen shortly after that first Alisp class.

The beautiful thing about AU is that when you are in the exhibit hall the first 2 nights and then the final night - which is usually some sort of partay - Autodesk pays for your booze. So "The Bender" is on them.

But knowing that we are talkin' 'bout swampers, once the booze stops flowing at 10pm and the exhibit hall is closed, where we will go after that needs to be planned as well.

(sidenote: this past year while in 2 classes, one of which was Lee Ambrosious's class on Visual Lisp, I chimmed up and ask everyone if there were any swampers in the room? One lady waved her hand and I planned on touching base with her, but she left before I could catch her. We need to have a swamp meet up group like Augi does)

Looking Crowdrise[ seems to fit the bill, and it looks like they charge 1%-3% (need to dive in a bit more to find out exactly)

What should the funding GOAL be set to?

Using [post#74] as basis, 5000 US$ should cover the cost. (me thinks)

You guys concur?

. . . . Autodesk pays for your booze. So "The Bender" is on them. . . .

Go Autodesk! :)

(sidenote: this past year while in 2 classes, one of which was Lee Ambrosious's class on Visual Lisp, I chimmed up and ask everyone if there were any swampers in the room? One lady waved her hand and I planned on touching base with her, but she left before I could catch her. We need to have a swamp meet up group like Augi does)

I'd imagine that of all the swampers at AU, we could find as many giving classes as taking them.

Just noticed this thread, and wow Lee you deserve the praise!

To add a point to the programing and spoken language correlation, I knew a programmer that constantly repeated himself, overwrote variables, had functions defined multiple places, etc... and he had a stutter.

Just noticed this thread, and wow Lee you deserve the praise!

Thanks Jeff!

To add a point to the programing and spoken language correlation, I knew a programmer that constantly repeated himself, overwrote variables, had functions defined multiple places, etc... and he had a stutter.

:lol: :lol:

Hi LeeMac,

I'm beginner here since 2013 looking for Lisps and AutoCad solutions, I have no words to complement every that the others guys said, but it's possible see that you like of challenges, and win any one step to step is glorious!!!...

In few words, I only want to say to you, thanks to be part of this Forum and help us to solve in many cases a simple problems that to do it in normal way (without lisp) is uncomfortable, boring or sad spending much time in some situations, it can be solved using Lisp.

Thanks again... :geek:

respect!!!! awww

Hi LeeMac,

I'm beginner here since 2013 looking for Lisps and AutoCad solutions, I have no words to complement every that the others guys said, but it's possible see that you like of challenges, and win any one step to step is glorious!!!...

In few words, I only want to say to you, thanks to be part of this Forum and help us to solve in many cases a simple problems that to do it in normal way (without lisp) is uncomfortable, boring or sad spending much time in some situations, it can be solved using Lisp.

Thanks again... :geek:

Thank you both for your kind words & compliments!

I've very much enjoyed being a member of this community over the years, and I'm delighted to have assisted you in the process.

Lee

I'm your fanclub Lee Mac as well.

I'm using autocad since 2012 and It was your website when I fall in love to autolisp, I'd loved to look at your codes through the animations.

I'm just beginner in autolisp, and this excellent forum I've met many people that helped me a lot.

And Lee Mac is one of them!

Thank you very much Lee Mac the legend! :notworthy:

I think we'll have a good result once someone steps up and gets it started...

I'll volunteer to be part of group to help get it started, but I'm not comfortable picking a funding site by myself, or being a sole "administrator" (assuming that's even how the funding sites work) This is not a good week for me because I'm not able to be online much, but if anyone else is also willing to be part the group to help push this thing into operation, PM me and we'll try to figure out a way we can collaborate to get it moving.

I have also been helped by Lee Mac many times.

Both directly and indirectly!

Definitely a big fan!

Thanks so very much!

There are others here that I could say the same things about

but I will wait until you have your own dedicated thread!! :P

• 2 weeks later...
What became of the funding guys?

Speaking only for myself... I've been super busy and never really got much input to post 101.

Here is another site that is 100% free. They simply tack on an *optional*, user-determined fee. For example, if you donate $50, you might decide to add $3.50 to that and your card would be charged $53.50. The fund receives the full $50, and the provider gets the $3.50 -> http://www.youcaring.com/how-it-works

I too would like to see a fund get set up and going. I'm ready to contribute. Is anybody willing to pick something and manage it? I agree with nestly that once someone commits to setting one up it'll do very well.

I trust myself to manage the money for Lee. If everyone is okay with it, I'll gladly volunteer this task, set it up and promote it, and make sure Lee get's what he needs when he needs it.

I too would like to see a fund get set up and going. I'm ready to contribute. Is anybody willing to pick something and manage it? I agree with nestly that once someone commits to setting one up it'll do very well.

I trust myself to manage the money for Lee. If everyone is okay with it, I'll gladly volunteer this task, set it up and promote it, and make sure Lee get's what he needs when he needs it.

Tanner, I support you doing this too. I'm willing to do it as well, just wanted to make sure nobody else had a better plan... I'm new to this also.

A friend just set up a project on the site I last mentioned and raised over $1500 in a couple of days. Granted, this other one is for a worthwhile charity, but it still goes to show the power of crowdfunding.