Align Text On Ellipse

aqther

Final Result (see the attached image)

I don't know how to write a tut. please excuse.

Firstly i draw an ellipse. Then I add a text, I type "J" and convert it to a block.

now i type "divide" and press "b" for inserting block. when it asks for the block name, type the name of the block u previously made.

when it asks for "do u want to align" choose "y" and when it asks for how many numbers... its for u to decide how many letters u have in the text u wanna align. I typed my full name "javed aqther hussain" and still at the end i left some blank spaces.

now u have it aligned around the ellipse.

next step is explode the inserted blocks.. when its exploded its converted to normal text again. so now u can double click on each letters and type ur text on each one.

hope that helps.

this way u can not only align on ellipse but on any shape.

ELLIPSE_TEXT.jpg

Nifty usage of regular AutoCAD tools. You might even go one step further and make the text in the block an attribute rather than plain text. This way you wouldn't need to explode to modify the text.:wink: