deann3g

Explain the relationship between CAD and other software/hardware used in construction

deann3g

Hi everyone.

Could someone help please help me out with my assighnment please? The qeustion is: Explain the relationship between CADD and other

software/hardware used in construction.

thanks

ReMark

Will you also be looking at project management software?

deann3g

yes, we will be looking at how CAD software/hardware can be intergrated to other software and be used to our advantage ect.

ReMark

Well one could integrate a CAD program with say MS Excel to create a bill of materials although some more advanced programs have the capability built right into them.

CADMASTER1128

The use of notepad to create custom commands (LISP) and improve efficiency.

tzframpton

Hardware relationship would be CNC router or CNC machine, to cut or tool wood and metal products for fabrication.

ReMark

The construction industry can benefit from CAD when a project is designed in 3D. The 3D model becomes the source of all information as accurate plans, elevations, sections and details can be derived from a single source.

Building Information Modeling (BIM) helps to reduce construction costs.

Organic

Design site earthworks (e.g. a BMX track) in Civil 3D. Upload the 3D model to the computer built into the grader and the grader then uses machine control to automatically grade (in x, y, z) the real physical surface to match the designed surface.

SamBuhh

I'm currently working on this project too! one that i have put is that it is compatible with several other programs e.g 3Dmax etc

BIGAL

My $0.05 produce fly throughs to provide visual clues of blind spots in your design.