stucker

Unable to detach raster images

stucker

I've only been using Microstation for about 2 years, and I'm still not as familiar with it's inner workings as I was with AutoCAd. So, maybe someone can help me:

We have .dgn's in our office that have raster images attached that we cannot detach. They do not show up anywhere in the drawing; they appear to have been attached, then moved from their original location, and now we can't do anything with them. We can't highlight, detach, reattach, select, delete, or even see them. In some cases, there are 5 or 6 of these, and they seem to gum up some of our drawings.

Part of the issue is that our company rarely starts "new" files; we typically copy files that were previously used. As a result, these raster images get copied around a lot.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any suggestions? Help would be much appreciated.

MicroStation PowerDraft V8i (SELECTseries 2)-version 08.11.07.443

caddcop

Can you see the images? Can MicroStation locate the files?

In the Raster Manager dialog box, you can enable raster selection and then the selection tool can select and delete them.

Your office really needs to set up seed files - like DWT files, but for MicroStation.

envisioncad

stucker, select the raster and then open the Element Information dialog. There is an option buried in the Extended section to unlock the raster. That should allow you to remove and manipulate the raster. I forget how this gets locked it might be a Preference setting.

HTH,

Bob Mecham

PS I am with CADDCOP use a seed file.