Aaaaaghh Line types!

MrButtonmush

I have used various CAD systems since AutoCAD r11 and am currently using Vanilla Acad 2013 (which is very nice I must admit) Now despite being able to do most things 2D (including some pretty complex blocks) one simple little thing is driving me nuts especially as I don't seem to ever have had issue with it before!

So let's say I create a brand new ACADISO 2D drawing from scratch and that I leave all default setting alone. Typically I work with large/medium retail units so A0 & A1 plans are the norm.

So I create A0 and A1 paper space layouts with the correct 1189x841 & 841x594 title blocks etc etc.

Now, let's say I draw a 2D square 10m (10000mm) x 10m and I set it's linetype to "Hidden" it doesn't seem to matter what LTSCALE MSLTSCALE PSLTSCALE or the line itself's Linetype scale, I don't see a hidden line in either Model or Paperspace viewports!

In an ideal world I'd like to see it showing as hidden in both Model & paperspace so can anyone please tell me what parameters and settings I need to get this happening for the example quoted before I throw my PC out the window !

No wonder you are confused. Exactly what length is your drawing unit? Is it one millimetre or one metre? There is a difference of 1000 in the scaling.

With the metric linetypes, the dash length is about 25 units. With the imperial linetypes, the dash length is one unit.

"What does -DWGUNITS show for your drawing units?".......if that's a key-in it's not recognised.

Just changed the annotation scale from the icon in the bottom right corner (when in model space) from 1:1 to 1:200 and it's perfect in both Model & Paper spaces now!

Unit for length

Curiously enough I have 2 paperspace layouts one with an A0 Border & one with A1 Border.

One created from the other and both seemingly with the same settings and yet the line id dashed in one's viewport but nor the other!

I always draw in millimetres...

Made a new drawing and it works now..weird!

The answer though for would seem to be setting the lower right annotation in model space from 1:1 to a figure around or the same as the viewport scales will be on the Paper space plans.

Edited by MrButtonmush