Can someone tell me if there is a function for this (AutoCAD LT 2009)

tom111

Hello everyone, I've been a lurker for a while, but would finally like to start getting to grips with CAD. I've started to use layers and layer properties, but I am missing some of the more basic elements.

My question follows:

Is it possible to extend more than one line at a time?

fgzy.png

I.e. I'd like to be to extend A, B and C all at the same time.

Thanks

Tom

You can use stretch command, use a crossing window to cross all three ends of the lines and then adjust.

You can pick each line one at a time then while holding down the shift key pick the three endpoint grips, then pick any one of the red grip boxes and stretch all three.

With Ortho on, use the change command, pick all three lines, pick a point to extend all lines to.

The simplest and fastest way is to execute the extend command, select your "extend to" line, then when the prompt changes, select with a right to left crossing window, all your lines to be extended, then right click. All of them will pop over to the line that you want to extend to at once.

The simplest and fastest way is to execute the extend command, select your "extend to" line, then when the prompt changes, select with a right to left crossing window, all your lines to be extended, then right click. All of them will pop over to the line that you want to extend to at once.

You are assuming there is a line to extend to, and if that is true, then that is as fast as using change.

Thanks, that is also very handy

59fc.png

Thanks, that is also very handy
Trim will work the same way. If you have your system variable "pickadd" set to 1, you don't even have to select the lines all at once. Also, keep the system variable "pickfirst" set to 1. These will allow you to select a bunch of objects, one at a time, or many at once, before executing a command. Then, when you execute the command, it will run from the second prompt instead if the first one. Of course some commands don't have a second prompt, like "Erase".