Change The Colour Or Image of the Empty Window

kArThIcK hAcKeR

Does, Anybody know how to change the default background which appears when there is no drawing open..:)

(refer the attached image below)

dwg.jpg

I have customized(changed the resources) of some files such as dwg icons, dxf icons in autocad.:twisted:

The default plain-stipple patterned is very boring.:geek:

i would like to change the bg, can somebody help me?:)

I have a software for drafting pipes and sometimes i require autocad to do some special stuff. 8)

if i have to change something with autocad, it takes long for the autocad to open. so i keep it opened in empty mode always, so that i dont have to wait for it8)

Edited by kArThIcK hAcKeR

I don't think that option is available, why not just open up an empty template and use the background drawing color for that.

acutally there is a way to do certain customizations in autocad.

like the icons:twisted:

u could replace the resources with the one u prefer.:)

my idea is that if i could change the icons, i could also change the empty background. (all the resources are in the dlls) but i dont know which dll to edit and replace.:(

Steven-g recently posted a 3D Model he did in LT :beer:, quite impressive.

He is known to think outside the box, and I do like his suggestion.

Create a drawing, as wild as you want it, and use that custom .dwt as your default

QNEW file, and banish your boredom, hell, create a library of NOT BORING .dwts,

and in that way you can rotate them, without the need to customize extensively,

while gaining a useful and time saving template. :|

Edited by Dadgad

Seems like a pretty useless endeavor. What difference would it make? I'd be more concerned with the reasoning behind why the program opens so slowly.

Dadgad: What is the reference to LT and 3D? It appears to have nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Are you off your meds again?

That was in response to the eye opening revelation that

there actually are ways to do some customizations in Autocad.

You could have bowled me over with a feather! :|

Customizing that background isn't possible. A .dwt may do half of what you want. Just save any drawing you want as a .dwt file and set it as the default file to open AutoCAD with. Disadvantage is when you close if you will have the same background as before. I'll keep looking to see if I can find a way to do it but I really doubt it can be done.

I cannot find any way to change the background. Looks like a .dwt will be your friend.

Edited by Tuns

Customizing that background isn't possible. A .dwt may do half of what you want. Just save any drawing you want as a .dwt file and set it as the default file to open AutoCAD with. Disadvantage is when you close if you will have the same background as before. I'll keep looking to see if I can find a way to do it but I really doubt it can be done.

I cannot find any way to change the background. Looks like a .dwt will be your friend.

okay, Thanks for the info.:geek:

ill start the research8)

pls post if u have found anything guys.:)