Routed Systems 'Pipe'

spittle

I have a load of Pipe fittings ready to use with the Routed Systems functiosn in Solidworks but I'm wondering, how do I make a standard pipe part that will connect all my pipe fittings?

I can use the default ones, with the default routed parts but I'm modelling with metric parts and really have little idea of what to do and I don't want to be modelling straight pipes.

I want to create the standard straight pipe that solidworks will use to automatically connect up my pipe fittings in the Routed Systems add in.

It should follow a path that I create and I think it also will form bends to a predefined radius unless I specify an elbow that Solidworks should put in where I have bends.

I did a routed course and we used all the default bits that ship with Solidworks (Imperial) but now I'm using a catalogue that I have access too that contains a few hundred standard pipe fittings. Sometimes it's just a case of mate the flanges together or sometimes the routes are complex/non standard so a prefabricated pipe will need to be produced. This is where I want to insert my blank flanges, and let solidworks fill in the gaps.

I'm not sure what criteria I need to follow to enable Solidworks to create a bit of pipe to use for routing.

It will need to be able to be used from say 80mm, up to say 1600mm so I understand a design table will need to be used.