I have to find the altitude (or the Z coordinate) of some points in a rasterized img!

salaxi

Well i have a homework for the university , im working in AutoCAD 2006 , so the project is that, i have a pdf with contours of an area, i have to rasterize it as a jpg picture, pass it to AutoCAD (i have done this so far..) and then i have to find the X , Y and Z coordinates of some points in the picture. Well with the "ID" command, i found the X and Y coordinates but as Z it gives me 0,0000.. How can i pick a point in the jpg and find the Z? I have to find the altitude! (Does i have to make something called georeference?) help!!!!

Please guys help!!! :((((

A picture would be all at a Z value of zero, as it is a sheet of paper.

To find the Z value at any point, you would have to use the contour lines which straddle your X,Y point and proportion out the difference.

Georeference is the absolute position on the Earth. World coordinates in AutoCAD only refer to the world of AutoCAD, and not the real world.

You just read off the Z value from the contours.

Someone has been kind and each of your points is on a contour line, which seem to be at 2 unit intervals.