Issue with Scaling an attributed block

CalamityJane

Hi All,

Hoping I can get some assistance on this -

I have the drawing I'm working on, who's scale is set to "unitless".

I'm attempting to insert a series of attributed blocks (containing titleblock information) into the paperspace of my drawing. The attributed block is also set to unitless.

Two of these blocks require editing to suite the drawing, the other two are to be edited at a later date by a third party.

Everything HAD been working fine, however, it appears the wheels have fallen off ~ I'm now experiencing a periodic error where, I insert a block to the 0,0 at a scale of 1 (as per procedure) but the block comes in at a fraction of the correct scale. I have to scale the block up by 25.4. (The imperial / metric conversion.) (Note, I'm working in Metric)

Even stranger - its not happening on all blocks. Just the two that have to be edited "in house".

I've checked measureinit within the blocks and it is set to metric. I have no idea why this is happening. I'm limited in my ability to purge / audit the drawings as they don't want template information deleted from the drawing - but I don't know what other system variables i should be looking at.

What am I missing?

I'm using CivilCad 2012 with Windows 7,

In both drawings what is?

INSUNITS

Specifies a drawing-units value for automatic scaling of blocks, images, or xrefs inserted or attached to a drawing.

INSUNITSDEFSOURCE

Sets source content units value when INSUNITS is set to 0.

INSUNITSDEFTARGET

Sets target drawing units value when INSUNITS is set to 0

Also check that the blocks are not annotative.

Note: The INSUNITS setting is ignored when inserting annotative blocks into a drawing.

Thanks for the reply.

I've gone into a drawing that I had the issue on:

INSUNITS = 0

INSUNITSDEFSOURCE=4 (mm)

INSUNITSDEFTARGET=4 (mm)

blocks definitely not annotative.

Whilst working through the drawings yesterday, I came across 4, whos units were set to feet.

We don't use imperial in Australia. I think someone has used the wrong template in setting these drawings up. Which is disappointing... because theres 200 drawings...

In the drawing you are bringing the block into you should set INSUNITS = 4 and that should set all blocks that are inserted to mm.

You may also look at the -DWGUNITS (use the hyphen in front) and set each drawing up before inserting the blocks.