keiths

As is usually the case, got a problem?

There is an irrefutable body of knowledge and evidence which strongly suggests

that Lee Mac might be able to help.

The following lisp

http://www.lee-mac.com/objectalign.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

from Lee's excellent website might be helpful in this regard, it certainly

is a nice lisp, as we have all come to expect from Lee.

have you tried using the dynamic block function align? I assume not. this enables you to insert the block and it will align the block with a specific object. that way u don't need any lisp.

have you tried using the dynamic block function align? I assume not. this enables you to insert the block and it will align the block with a specific object. that way u don't need any lisp.

That sounds pretty cool, I've never heard of that, is that available in Autocad Vanilla too? :beer:

yes, if you go into block editor. On the toolpalette for "parameters" select the align paramater. for more info on it press F1 after selecting the parameter.

HI, i only understand the basics of CAD at the moment, thanks all for you help....:)

Then I take it you have yet to become acquainted with dynamic block. That leaves you with the following choices:

Align

Measure (using Block option)

Divide (using Block option)

Or a custom lisp routine like the one by Lee Mac that Dadgad referenced.

My advice, since you are still in learning mode, would be to try each of the four options then choose the one that works best in your particular circumstances. Now I know what you're thinking and that is you just want a solution period. But you would be doing yourself a disservice (my opinion) by not exploring the other alternatives because one command does not fit all circumstances. Catch my drift?

My advice, since you are still in learning mode, would be to try each of the four options then choose the one that works best in your particular circumstances. Now I know what you're thinking and that is you just want a solution period. But you would be doing yourself a disservice (my opinion) by not exploring the other alternatives because one command does not fit all circumstances. Catch my drift?

sound advice!

I should not that both Measure and Divide work best with multiple blocks and also add that in those particular circumstances where you are inserting more than one block that you consider the Array > Path option.