Reporting problems found on CADTutor?

skipsophrenic

hi,

Just a quick question, is there a section on forum where can report minor errors found that can be dealt with on an as-and-when basis?

or am i bein plain daft and already in the right section?

and don't reply to "dodgy" posts. It only keeps them at the top of the list. Use the red button.

Strix, maybe I should already know but is there a moderator group we pm?

I don't think vBulletin has the facility to generate group pms, though don't we show up in bold on the home page when we're online?

other forums permit the use of the reporting facility for such little niggles, but here it bounces an email to ALL the mods, which could be annoying if you've given a work email address when registering

skipso: You have too much free time on your hands or what? I thought you were pulling an all-nighter on an important job. You need a rest. LOL

half the people on this website have to much time on their hands, people who are on here running up to 7 - 8 hours a day straight is just crazy (do they actually work lol?) let their bosses know what there doing, I only log in if I need advice or quickly see a question I know the answer to. If you're at home fair enough, but on here at work , constantly I disapprove of.

not being grumpy but it's the truth. :)

yes the mods do show bold. However you sometimes see a post that you want to report and can't see one on line. In some cases you want to report to somebody quickly but don't consider it worthy of the red button. A mods group would be nice in that case - especially if they were grouped into timezones :lol:

half the people on this website have to much time on their hands, people who are on here running up to 7 - 8 hours a day straight is just crazy (do they actually work lol?) let their bosses know what there doing, I only log in if I need advice or quickly see a question I know the answer to. If you're at home fair enough, but on here at work , constantly I disapprove of.

not being grumpy but it's the truth. :)

My boss doesn't like me being on here but I point out that one of the reasons I get stuff out quicker than him is what I learn from here.

I'm probably one of the people that are here (or at least logged in here) 7-8 hours a day. I consider it well spent time, because you know the old saying What Goes Around, Comes Around? My idea is that if I am seen as a nice person and answer questions all over the place, it's more likely that I get help when I ask a question myself - or like now when I asked for a lisp and got two well-functioning solutions.

skipso: You have too much free time on your hands or what? I thought you were pulling an all-nighter on an important job. You need a rest. LOL

ReMark, in that all nighter post i put, i finshed it (and posted my rubbishy solution) and now i got no work to do today.

yeah sort of, i copied the "bad drawing" and unloaded all the nested xref's ot of THAT, and then copied the section of the drawing i needed, and pasted into a fresh new dwg with basepoint. hey presto, it worked

well I'd be up for a system change so the email doesn't go out (I currently have CADTutor emails going to spam), enabling the red button to be used for ALL matters that require a mod, but that's up to David - I'll put it to him though