orthographic projection help

Yeah, look at the two views you have, and imagine you could grab them in your hand and rotate them. Which lines would be visible, and which would be hidden?

mikeyyy2.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeyyy

• nestly

• SuperCAD

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if anyone's touched on this yet, but if you're going to use the extrude command make sure that your boundary is a closed polyline. If not, you'll only get surfaces, not a 3D solid.

That said, if you use PRESSPULL (my preferred method), it won't matter if the lines are a closed polyline or not. The endpoints don't even have to touch. As long as the lines cross over each other you'll be able to get a solid from the boundary that the command will create.

you can draw it in 3d with just those two sides?? sorry im a beginner xd

Yes. There were enough dimensions in your drawing to figure out how to make the 3D solid.

ah i think i understand everything after the the users here brought up the fact that i should use polylines, now thanks to each and every single one of you guys i have successfully learned to extrude objects and pull them down. however sometimes i have a tiny error which wont let me extrude polylines because they are overlapping- do any of you know how to combine the whole piece into 1 polyline so it wont have to overlap? - thx teamsz

Look into PRESSPULL. You'll love that one because you'll be able to create solids using profiles that won't work with extrude.

If you still want to use polylines, make sure you close them before you exit the command (just type "C" instead of placing the last line). This will create a straight line between the first and last points you place. If you want to make a bunch of individual lines a polyline, use MPEDIT.

If your drafting habits are such that you end up with overlapping and duplicate lines then you are doing something wrong. In any event you can resort to using the Express Tools OVERKILL command to clean up after yourself.

I really wanted to change the name of that command to the name of a former drafter at the company I just left. She would ALWAYS draw more than was necessary and none of her "extras" added any value to the drawing. OVERKILL was a perfect description of what she did.