Total Inches?

AzMandella

I have recently been required to learn AutoCad in a hurry. I took a CadSoft class and been staying up all night doing a crash course. My family steel buisiness just had our IT guy quit and he was also responsible for doing our drawings for flamecutting. So I am scrambling to fill the void. When we quote a job we calculate our cutting fee's by the total inches of cutting. For example if you had a plate that was 12" x 12" with a 4" hole in the center you have 48" + the circumfrence to get total number of inches. That is easy. But is there any way to get the total inch's of a more complex drawing without all the calculating?

Try using the area" command, "object" option, then 'add' to sum areas & perimeters.

A little easier method, especially if a lot of objects, is using a lisp routine to sum up length of a set of objects.

See Tlen.lsp at http://www.turvill.com/t2/free_stuff/index.htm

"Calculates and reports the total length of a selection set of line, polyline, arc, circle, ellipse, and other objects in drawing."

Still not working. I can get individual measurements for each segment but not total inches for all segments. Anybody have a way of doing this. Is there a way to make numberous segments converted to a polyline?

Download the Tlen.lisp to the c:program Files/ AutoDesk

Open your AutoCAD, on the command line:type :appload

Find the fileTLen.lsp in the program files- load it. Once it is successfully loaded-

in the commandline type : TLen

And select your objects