[revit 2014] Family editing issue .. please help me as fast as u can,i only have 48h

Mena__99

hi how are u guys !

let me cut to the chase coz iam out of time

iam making a project and the project is about the structure system of that project. .. so all my attention is around columns and the beams ...

i have made and I beam ( toke 2 c-channel .. changed there size in family editor and added some extrusion around it - then loaded it to my project ) ... and it worked and i am having no problem with it .. until i started working on the second and the 3rd floor .... whenever i place that family i made... something weird happen ...

...( ex as shown in the attachment ) i made that column on the second floor .. and when i used it on my first floor (ground floor) .. i couldnt see the extrusion ... so i copied it out side the project to look at it in 3d and see what is going on .. it turns out that revit placed the I column on the first floor but the extrusion is on the same spot on the second floor ?!!

basically it have ruined both of my floor plans at same time ! .. please help me ... why revit do this and how to fix it ?? i couldnt even google it because i cant address the problem :(

000.jpg

It just looks like you loaded an HSS column and placed it on the same level as the back-to-back C-Channel (which I agree with Mark is weird) which is why you couldn't see the columns. Usually, it's best to run columns from base Level up to the Top Level, instead of placing a column "level by level" as I think that's what you did. I "think" you did anyways, but not sure.

I cannot understand this "extrusion" you made in the Channel Family. I'd have to take a look at the Family itself to see how it was made before I judge it harshly, but it seems like you're stretching the functionality of this Family way too far.

Furthermore, anytime you can't see something in Revit, especially columns, then start manipulating the View Range and Cut Plane.

It just looks like you loaded an HSS column and placed it on the same level as the back-to-back C-Channel (which I agree with Mark is weird) which is why you couldn't see the columns. Usually, it's best to run columns from base Level up to the Top Level, instead of placing a column "level by level" as I think that's what you did. I "think" you did anyways, but not sure.

I cannot understand this "extrusion" you made in the Channel Family. I'd have to take a look at the Family itself to see how it was made before I judge it harshly, but it seems like you're stretching the functionality of this Family way too far.

Furthermore, anytime you can't see something in Revit, especially columns, then start manipulating the View Range and Cut Plane.

here is my custom made coulmns .. ya i used the double-c channeled columns because my professor suggested it for my project .

the problem is so weird .. i dont know why revit behaves like this .. please fix it if u can and send it back to me as soon as u can .. my dead line is the day after tommorow .. but today iam busy with anther project ( desgin one so i dont need coulmns as much )

but if u can send it today .. iam almost finished with that desgin and i can start working again on that structure .

Double C-Channel-Column-fin.rfa

Steel coulmn Double chained C-wraped.0002.rfa

Face it, that was asking a lot considering for many people it was Christmas.

Did you try asking your question over at the Revit Discussion Group using the link I had provided in an earlier post?