The basics

Jozi68

Can someone please give me the basic steps again?

I'm using VB.net (2010) and Civil 3d 2014. I want to debug a small application that I wrote a few years ago. I don't know where to start. I can open the application in visual studio, but I don't know what to do now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Fixo. I am however still struggling.

I've loaded my .sln file in Visual Studio 2010.

When I click "Build MySolution" I get a message (bottom left of screen) that says: Build Succeeded

When I click Debug, my Civil3d 2014 opens, and I get a few hundred messages in the immediate window. Here are a few examples:

System.Window.Data Error: 5 : Value produced by BindingExpression is not valid for target property.; value='' BindingExpression .......

System.Windows.Data Error: 40 : BindingExpression path error: 'AutomationName' property not found on 'object' ''RibbonPanel' (HashCode=20195936)'. BindingExpression:Path=AutomationName; DataItem='RibbonPanel' (HashCode=20195936); target element is 'KeyboardActivatableToggleButton' (Name='PART_CollapsedPanelButton'); target property is 'Name' (type 'String')

System.Windows.Data Error: 4 : Cannot find source for binding with reference 'RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType='Autodesk.Private.Windows.ToolBars.ToolBarControl', AncestorLevel='1''. BindingExpression:Path=; DataItem=null; target element is 'ComboButton' (Name='mFlyoutButtonExecute'); target property is 'NoTarget' (type 'Object')

System.Windows.Media.Animation Warning: 6 : Unable to perform action because the specified Storyboard was never applied to this object for interactive control.; Action='Stop'; Storyboard='System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard'; Storyboard.HashCode='2242241'; Storyboard.Type='System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard'; TargetElement='Autodesk.Private.Windows.RibbonPanelControl'; TargetElement.HashCode='24611730'; TargetElement.Type='Autodesk.Private.Windows.RibbonPanelControl'

In Civil3D, I type in "Netload", find the dll that was built, and type in one of my commands. Nothing happens. Maybe I should be doing something else at this point, I don't know. I really would like to step through my code.

Please post your code, Jozi68... And if you could, also a screen shot of your VS 2010 dialog, in order to identify your Solution's configuration selection.

Cheers

I'm not sure what code to post, I have a few thousand lines in there. However, I suspect the first problem is a setting somewhere. I'm including a screenshot:

GridExScreenshot.jpg

I really hope this helps.

I'm not sure what code to post, I have a few thousand lines in there. However, I suspect the first problem is a setting somewhere. I'm including a screenshot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46318[/ATTACH]

I really hope this helps.

Thanks for the screenshot (everything seems okay), but without (even anonymized?) code to look at, I'm lost as to how anyone might begin to help you with:

In Civil3D, I type in "Netload", find the dll that was built, and type in one of my commands. Nothing happens. Maybe I should be doing something else at this point, I don't know. I really would like to step through my code.

... In fact, all I can do at this point, is to direct you toward this DevBlog article as a simple example of how to implement a successful CommandMethod Method.

HTH