Civil 3D Pipes

Hippe013

I was wondering if someone could create (or help me create) a LISP function that retrieves the properties of a Civil 3d Pipe using vb.NET? I typically write code in LISP but have started to dabble a bit with the .NET framework. I have been having trouble accessing the properties of pipes with LISP. That is where I need to turn to vb.NET. I imagine creating a LISP function with vb.NET that retrieves all properties of the pipe and returns a list of property values in some format ie.

(startpoint-value endpoint-value diameter-value etc...)

I could then read the properties of a pipe via LISP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Hippe013

Custom LispFunction Methods are very useful., and can be somewhat difficult to implement if not already familiar.

Essentially, you're going to want to supply the Entity Name (ObjectId) of a given AECC_PIPE Object to your LispFunction Method, which accepts only a single parameter - a ResultBuffer.

You'd then check for the correct number of elements in the resultant Array, throwing exceptions as applicable for TooFew, or TooMany arguments, and extract and query the ObjectId via Civil 3D API. Once you've gotten to this point, you'd fill a new ResultBuffer with the appropriate structure (Dotted/Grouped Pairs, etc.), and return your newly filled ResultBuffer to the LISP interpreter, which would allow your LISP code to work with a list of Dotted/Grouped Pairs.

HTH