Add 1/8 Bends (45 Degree Turns) to No-Hub Cast Iron and PVC DWV Pipe Part Routing Pre

galdimechanicalscorp

I'm using AutoCAD MEP 2014 x 64. I would love to add 1/8 bends and 45's to the pipe part routing preferences for cast iron no-hub, and PVC DWV. I can only manage to get 1/4 bends to associate with 90 degree turns. When I draw pipe at a 45, the window pops up telling me there are angle limitations and that I must select a part to use. Is there anyway to add 45 degree turns as a type definition in the pipe part routing preferences?

• 2 weeks later...

You need to edit the 90 degree fittings and add the 1/8 bend and the 45 degree bend there. When the angle equals 45 degrees the software will automatically chose the correct part for you as long as you only have 1 45 degree bend in the elbow for that size. If you have 2 45 degree bends then it will ask you to choose between the two of them.

You need to edit the 90 degree fittings and add the 1/8 bend and the 45 degree bend there. When the angle equals 45 degrees the software will automatically chose the correct part for you as long as you only have 1 45 degree bend in the elbow for that size. If you have 2 45 degree bends then it will ask you to choose between the two of them.

Thanks for the reply! Do you edit the 90 degree fittings and add 45's within the pipe part routing preferences interface, or elsewhere?