Cannot grasp CAD

georgieanne

Now that's ^ ^ ^ funny.

Perhaps. Attention to detail not being a necessary skill.

I really hope Georgieanne isn't taking an AutoCAD course because I think she's getting ripped off.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• georgieanne

• Dana W

• Patrick Hughes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still bothered by this comment from the instructor: "...it was not necessarily a problem with your actual plan of the space..."

How many times have we seen this?

By the time an assignment like this is given to a class - the students should be very proficient at creating lines of correct length in correct location.

By the time an assignment like this is given to a class - it should actually be a pretty easy assignment.

But my bet is that the instructor did not properly prepare the students and instead they were thrown into the deep end and told to "draw this".

Not that the instructor is always to blame and the student would otherwise be proficient with proper instruction, ...

but I have not many proficient instructors.

There should be a real Autodesk University pushing out instructors.

The Autodesk family of software is no longer simply an electronic drafting board.

There is a complete mechanical, civil, architectural (fill in the blank) digital prototyping curriculum buried in the software (including advanced analysis tools), but it is hard to find an instructor who can draw a straight line with ortho on - let alone get into the analysis tools.

We do get our share of students blaming instructors. I had one this morning who said his instructor went too fast.

We also get our fair share of students who wait until the very last moment to do the assignment only coming here as a last resort expecting us to hand them a finished product. I'm always amazed by the ones who feel insulted when we won't do it either.

I'm still bothered by this comment from the instructor: "...it was not necessarily a problem with your actual plan of the space..."

How did the instructor fail to notice the three urinals located in front of a window? Or that the bathroom with the three urinals and one toilet had no sinks yet the bathroom with two toilets had four sinks? Or that there was one bathroom, in a very large space (middle of the building) with a doorway that was almost 3.5 times wider the all the other single doorways?

Sounds like the design was used at Sochi :lol:

I have been taken aback by the number of students that come in here asking CAD questions that don't even have basic geometry knowledge.

I saw the technical;) term "Splayed" used by the OP. I can hear Mr. Euclid making skid marks inside his tomb all the way from my house, he's spinning so hard.

It appeared that the poster only wanted to stuff something diagonally into a corner, and couldn't explain the question properly.