turning off display on one of two surfaces

tomhoban

Hello all

I am using 3dc 2014. I have two surfaces which overlap (existing surface and proposed surface). I would like to analyse each surface to check for errors, e.g.look at the contours, slopes, triangles etc.

I want to do this one surface at a time but can not see how to turn one surface off. Turning on or off the various options (contours, slope, etc) in "edit surface style>display, will apply the changes to both surfaces. I have tried locking one surface but this does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Change one of the surface styles to "no display" under surface properties, while you work on the other.

1+

If you don't already have a "No Display" Surface Style, simply create a new Style and turn off visibility of all components under the Display tab in the Style's settings. Name accordingly.

Hello all

I would have thought I could have displayed or not by name of surface, but it seems it does not work this way. Both layers (a and b) had the same style and that is why editing the surface style, display of one surface affected the other.

Thank you

Correct... If both surfaces reside on the same layer, then any changes to that layer will affect both surfaces.

The only way to manipulate two surfaces separately, that both reside on the same layer, is to manipulate their Surface Style. You will need to create a "No Display" Surface Style, and apply it to the Surface that you no longer wish to see.

HTH