Circuit numbers dissapearing

Jessica28

Hi,

I'm running Autocad MEP 2014...My question is about electrical symbols and circuiting...We received a drawing that was all done using the MEP symbols and circuit manager...We did not get the file that I think is supposed to come with it in order to make changes...Either way, all I want to do is modify a few things so I was just going to burst or explode the circuit numbers but when I do they disappear...How do I get around this?

Thanks, Jess

Jess,

Have your tried attedit then selecting the block you want to change the circuit numbers on? Most blocks are made with attributes attached to them. If you explode them then the attributes will disappear because there is no tag for them. There's a lot more to them than I can tell you here but try attedit then select the block you want to change the circuit number for. If you want to change the appearance of the block itself then perform a block edit. It's much easier to leave the block in tact and work on it rather than exploding it and then trying to piece it back together. One other thing since this is MEP we're talking about the circuit numbers are automatically assigned to the specific circuits based on the panel they are attached to. You may have to try and edit the panel associated with that circuit in order to change the circuit number. I know what you want to do may sound simple enough but changing a circuit number can be a big deal and a pain in the ass. Tread lightly as you go and be prepared for anything is all I can tell you. Good luck.

Have you tried changing the electrical properties of the circuit? As long as the panel and the device are in the same drawing you should be able to without a .EPD file. When you change the properties (circuit number)the tag will update with the new circuit number.

Click on the device that needs to be changed. On the properties pallet design tab all the way at the bottom you will see electrical properties. click on it and change the circuit and or the panel in the next dialog box.

I hope that was what you were looking for.