Need better multiline

Vigilante

MarcoW,

If I understand your thread, you are unable to hatch the segments created as multilines.

I have revamped the programming in the attachment to produce all straight segments and corners as polyline objects so that hatching is possible.

If my understanding is incorrect, please explain your request in further detail.

WPIPE[5].LSP

Hi Ronso,

Thanks a lot ! Now it is "hatchable". Below i have 2 images of how i hatch; first draw wpipe, the segmented versions, ie. start with = 125mm... Then after finishing wpipe i select all the straight pipes (not the segmented corners) and then hatch those straight lines.

Your answers helps me a lot. Thanks again.

Now i am gonna try to set up a lisp for hatching only the straight pipes sof the segmented wpipes... Or do you have an idea of making an extra function in the lisp like:

"Do you want your wpipe hatched when finishing command No:"

I'd say somethinh like:

(defun hwpipe () ; as a subcommand in the wpipe command

(command "hatch" "p" "ansi32" "50" "0" "s" pause "")

(princ)

)

Where "s" should be automated; it should select all straight drawn wpipe's.

Do you know what i mean? If not i'll explain it to you.

I'd be very grateful for your help!

1.JPG

2.JPG

Seems the new attachment should fit your request...

I can assure you: the new routine does fit my request! My macro's are a little bit altered so only the desired pipes wil get hatched.

You really did a great job on this one, thank you very much Ronso!

By the way: this is one of the most beautyfull lisp routines I ever found, I don't get much of the programming for it is a little too much for me, but i can tell there's a lot in there. Good thinking i mean.

Tnx again and see ya soon for I have a thousand ideas :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to have the hatch rotatde 45 degrees (as it is) but also when the wpipe itself is drawn under angle?

Ie.: when drawing 0 degrees, the hatch is nice.

When drawing under angle 45 degrees the hatch is not visoble or only 1 line is visible. This is due to the fact that the wpipe is parallel to the hatch.

Maybe I am not really clear, please say so, I will try to explain "better". Thanks in advance for the help!

Is it possible to have the hatch rotatde 45 degrees (as it is) but also when the wpipe itself is drawn under angle?

Ie.: when drawing 0 degrees, the hatch is nice.

When drawing under angle 45 degrees the hatch is not visoble or only 1 line is visible. This is due to the fact that the wpipe is parallel to the hatch.

Maybe I am not really clear, please say so, I will try to explain "better". Thanks in advance for the help!

Try this for hatch rotation:

WPipemod.lsp

Lee, in the "hatch modified one" you put iin an angle of 45 degrees where it was 0. THis is not what I meant but it is okay to leave it as it was for what I meant is slightly too much work.

A wpipe drawn on the x axis with (from left to right perpendicular) would have hatches like / / / / / ...

If it is drawn on the y axis like (0.5 pi) :) it stil has / / / / / pattern.

The wpipe drawn on 45 degrees would have no hatch for the hatch is parallel to the wpipe and therefore not visible.

My solution is very simple: there where it occurs I will manually "hatch edit" to 0 degrees.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Lee, in the "hatch modified one" you put iin an angle of 45 degrees where it was 0. THis is not what I meant but it is okay to leave it as it was for what I meant is slightly too much work.

A wpipe drawn on the x axis with (from left to right perpendicular) would have hatches like / / / / / ...

If it is drawn on the y axis like (0.5 pi) :) it stil has / / / / / pattern.

The wpipe drawn on 45 degrees would have no hatch for the hatch is parallel to the wpipe and therefore not visible.

My solution is very simple: there where it occurs I will manually "hatch edit" to 0 degrees.

Thanks for your help anyway.

I could make the modification - but it would mean going through the whole LISP and seeing what is what - as I didn't have a hand in writing it.

I think for this instance for the few times that you may need to do it, it is not worth the trouble :)

• 3 months later...

These things I come across whenever I use the wpipe lisp. The solutions may not be in the lisp itself but maybe in a kina "edit wpipe" lisp. Perhaps it's even more simple, that I overlook it.

Question 1.

Look at my first GIF; I try to put one pipe behind the other, it looks as if one is going under the other. Can this be automated in a way?

Question 2.

If you look at the second GIF: this is how I create a T (don't know the right english name for it). I use trim and then chamfer. Can that be automated?

I can't get started ... I mean I don't have a clue how to approach these things.

Question 3:

Is it possible to strech the wpipe so it overlaps a certain distance?

See GIF 3 for that one. Maybe in a way like prompt for the end of the wpipe that should be streched with a certain distance..?

Any help is welcome, as allways !

:reallymad::reallymad: MY GIF are too large I can't upload them :reallymad::reallymad:

aarghh... monday is a new day

I like this Route for Ducting works for faster continious ducting layouts, can it be possible to add on selection also as chamfered bend at the closer corners side cause it is similar to cable trays layout only on cable trays camfered at 150mm on corners, kindly see image attached that i like to work through :)

advance thanks to all,

sample cable tray.jpg

Well, again:

These things I come across whenever I use the wpipe lisp. The solutions may not be in the lisp itself but maybe in a kina "edit wpipe" lisp. Perhaps it's even more simple, that I overlook it.

Question 1.

Look at my first 2 GIF's; I try to put one pipe behind the other, it looks as if one is going under the other. Can this be automated in a way?

Question 2.

If you look at the third GIF: this is how I create a T (don't know the right english name for it). I use trim and then chamfer. Can that be automated?

I can't get started ... I mean I don't have a clue how to approach these things.

Question 3:

Is it possible to strech the wpipe so it overlaps a certain distance?

See GIF 4 for that one. Maybe in a way like prompt for the end of the wpipe that should be streched with a certain distance..?

Any help is welcome, as allways !

:reallymad::reallymad: MY GIF are too large I can't upload them :reallymad::reallymad:

aarghh... monday is a new day

I have no animated gifs so here the JPG's, and NO I am not that handy with it. It looks like a bit rubbish... Sorry for that.:whistle:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

Well, again:

I have no animated gifs so here the JPG's, and NO I am not that handy with it. It looks like a bit rubbish... Sorry for that.:whistle:

Dude, just get AutoCAD MEP, it does all that for you plus way more. This Pipe/Duct program works great but it is not the only nor best option out there. If you deal with duct and the HVAC industry, AutoCAD MEP is the way to go and the cost isn't that much more than vanilla AutoCAD.