Need better multiline

Vigilante

Hi, been a while but I have one more thing to ask of you guys on this script.

I've been using it extensively for the past weeks and have become quite used to it, but there is one problem I hope we can address.

Here is an error that I get sometimes:

"Command: ; error: An error has occurred inside the *error* functionbad argument

type: 2D/3D point: nil"

This happens when my turns are to narrow for the script to create a radius corner. Refer to the attached image, this is what it looks like when it draws to narrow.

This is not that big of a deal, I understand if the turn is to tight to make. But what happens is that I loose all my object snapping settings, it turns it all off and I have to go in DS and put it all back on again. The other setting that it messes up is FILLMODE, it gets set to zero and all my hatches turn off. And I don't know if any other settings get reverted.

So basically, if we can catch this error and make sure to set my settings properly, it will be OK.

And lastly, it would be ok to make the radius a little less. In other words, corners don't need to be so wide, if we can reduce radius size kind of like the second attached image, that would be cool.

Thanks a lot!

error.jpg

radius.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not, it seems a bag. Excuse me that I fogot your problem, this week is very hard and i don't write anything (maybe a few at the theswamp.org). I will look it at holidays.

Note: Baseline radius is 1/2 of pipe diameter is StykFacE request, but i can modify it.

Not, it seems a bag. Excuse me that I fogot your problem, this week is very hard and i don't write anything (maybe a few at the theswamp.org). I will look it at holidays.

Note: Baseline radius is 1/2 of pipe diameter is StykFacE request, but i can modify it.

There are a few glitches in the code, the FILLMODE being one error, and if you cancel the command it will erase the last entity that was created/modified before you started the code. I never complained about it, I just got used to it. the FILLMODE variable happens once in a blue moon. this program has done wonders for my effeciency, and like I said before it is something I just simply got used to.

The radius is just fine for what I do. Granted it's not EXACTLY the radius of a true 90 degree fitting in the real world, but that is completely irrevelant because the people who manufacture our duct for our jobs aren't dimensioning their jobs off of our plans. They know what radius a 90 degree fitting is suppose to be.

That's my outlook on it.

However i'm now upgraded to AutoCAD MEP '08 so I'm fully in 3D now. The Lisp from ASMI is used by some other guys up here at the office, and trust me, they're 100% appreciative of that little program too, haha. :)

It is a wonderful script for sure. A tighter radius would let me get those small corners and not have the script fail and mess up the variables as much. I'm used to the bugs too Styk, but we must not stop on the road to perfection.

If the radius is 50%, maybe try making is 35% or 40%. Maybe I'll look in the LSP and see if I can find it.

Peace

Beautiful, the radius is MUCH better now!

However, the width command is broken, it does make transitions right. Just draw a 12" duct and change the transition and you'll see.

Thanks a ton,

Peace

I ran your script there CAB but I can't figure out what it does. I see that if a click a circular object or arc, it spits out this spider web of lines.

What is it for and how does it work?

Very strange results, unless I am misunderstanding you. The circle was just folly on my part & no real world application.

Or perhaps you are not accustom to seeing Flex Duct represented in that way.

Well for me it creates the flex duct that follows the center line selected.

If the lisp doesn't create objects that resemble the picture in that post, could you attach the test DWG file with the center line object in it so that I might test it?

What version of Autocad are you running?

The typical objects that would be used for center lines would be Lines, Plines, arcs, & Splines.

Another problem might be that the default (16 units) duct diameter might be too large for your centerline.

What happens when you change the Diameter (enter D at the prompt) to say two?

Are you using metric or feet or inches as your units?

Updated code to display the duct diameter in the prompt and added a warning & option to skip if the duct will overlap itself. This occurs when the turns are too tight.

• 1 month later...

Ya that is great! I did a file compare on the old version and the new and couldn't find any changes that would have caused that, I have no idea how you fixed it.

Anyway, now if only this error could be trapped and not screw up my DS and fillmode settings.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/24723/Error-avi.html

Peace

Excuse me. I have been very busy and long time did not to participate the forum though sometimes looked through messages. I shall try to find time of days off and to correct bugs. While good-bye, very much busy :(

That looks good Ronso, at least it won't screw up my variables.

This is really one fine piece of code right here, freaking brilliant!

A heartfelt thanks to all who continue to work on it!