Need better multiline

Vigilante

There's a ton of them out there, but AutoCAD MEP does great for me and has for the past 3 years I've been on it. :)

That would be the best option, I would think.

• 2 weeks later...

The LSP is fantastic, can you modify the code so that the duct size, the sequential number and the elevation (Bottom of duct also can be given for each duct piece. If it can be done it is quite a good one-

milind

Hi Ronso,

I found this WPIPE.LSP yesterday and I found it out to work fine. I wonder could it be possible to modify the lisp so that it either ask you the inner radius while command is active or it would be fixed. In my work I have to use constant inner radius R=100 (mm).

Regards,

Marko

Hi Ronso,

The latest WPIPE.LSP[6] seems also very useful in my work. I use hatched ducts to show the insulation around it but I need to hatch corners and reducers too (I use mostly radius corners). Now the program asks you to hatch the straight parts but after that it could ask you about the rest of the mentioned parts. Would it be difficult to modify the lisp so that it would do this?

In marine design we use ANSI31 pattern but there are situations that this may vary. It would be great if there was an option to change the pattern while running the lisp. But the default would be that ANSI31 so I could pass it by clicking.

I don't know the amoun of work to do this but it would make my work much easier and faster.

Regards,

Marko

• 1 month later...

Hi Vigilante / Styk

I got the duct lisp from the archeives

its very useful for me. But my problem is that i m using metric units (mm). I ll take quite a while to figure out the lisp . Can you help me by just changing the units used in it from inches to mm. Please

Thanking you in advance.

Vivian

Hi viviancarvalho,

I use it to but in mm. Do not know why you have the problem with it.

Is your drawing set to mm? (systemvariable: "insunits"=4)

You might wanna load the lisp, then enter "insunits" at the command bar.

Give "4" for millimeters.

Should work!

Hi Vigilante / Styk

I got the duct lisp from the archeives

its very useful for me. But my problem is that i m using metric units (mm). I ll take quite a while to figure out the lisp . Can you help me by just changing the units used in it from inches to mm. Please

Thanking you in advance.

Vivian

You really need to get AutoCAD MEP.... it will do wonders for you. 8)

• 3 weeks later...
Styk

Thanks its working fine

Which lisp do i need for both rectangle ducting and round ducting.

and how do i use them, what are the commands

Nick

Which lisp do i need for both rectangle ducting and round ducting.

and how do i use them, what are the commands

Nick

i use wpipe(4) lisp which gives you the option of rectangle,round and segmented ducting, it quite easy after you have used it a few times.

• 3 months later...

hello there, just to say that whoever has created this lisp, made an excellent job, but just one more point, is there a way of decide if we can have a line or not in the middle of the duct? that would be excellent, because thats what i do to make the difference between a round and a rectangular duct.

• 3 weeks later...

I second, "myslefs" thoughts and this is a great routine. Is it possible to change it so that the circular routine has a centerline again filleted with radius and perhaps on a center linetype?

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i also use wpipe, but as duct and i would like to know if is possible to include a centerl line (for round duct) in red color and line type CENTER2

PLEASE HELP ME

I cant see it being a problem just got to wait for someone helpful to see the message. I would like to learn how to write lisps to do things myself but thats for another day. Things like turning vains on rectangular would be something id add. Also small ends on round ductwork!

hi, i also use wpipe, but as duct and i would like to know if is possible to include a centerl line (for round duct) in red color and line type CENTER2

PLEASE HELP ME

First: all credits to those who have created this wonderful lisp! I have tried to suit shmith's request and modified the code a little.

It is not perfect I guess but it is a start... and a little learning for me also. Any improvement is well respected / appreciated!

Tip: to draw faster use macro's in toolbars or palettes. This way you can specify all the settings in one macro that is fired with one click.

Oops: forgot to say: the linetype to be used as centerline should be in a *.lin file in your support file search path.

WPIPE[6.1].LSP

great job, workks fine only with one problem, the elbows don't have the center line, i can't fixe the problem, if possible fix it

MarcoW rules great job

thanks from portugal

• 5 months later...

This is hurting my brain for a long time now: how to run this lisp from another lisp?

Lets say, I have loaded this lisp (Wpipe[6.1'.lsp) and I want to draw a duct with radius corners, throat radius 150, hatched yes, continuous centerline, then I would need to invoke the command by "wpipe".

Next enter the values... looks like this on the commandbar:

Command: wpipe
Specify elbow type Mitered/Segmented/<Radius>:
Specify elbow throat radius <150>:
Would you like straight segments hatched? <Y>
What linetype to use for the CenterLine?  : continuous
Specify start point or width <150>:
Specify next point or [Arc/Close/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]:
Specify next point or [Arc/Close/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]:
Command:

Now, this process I want to automate: make a function like (defun c:test ( / ).

Besides the localized variables I need to pass "my chosen values" in to the program like this:

(defun c:wpipe (
Type; string (= "radius" or "segmented" or "mitered"
Throatdia; string (ie. "150"
Hatching; string (= "Yes" or "No")
LineType; string (ie. "continuous")
Diameter; string (ie. "150")
/
LocalizedVars)

Despite all my attempt I am not capable of getting it work. In other lisps I encounter no problems but this one is rather large so I guess it is a bit out of my league.

Can anyone help me get this thing running?

Oh... the reason why I need this is to make some preset ducts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ronso,

Nice that you have picked this one again... I have tried several things with it but the routine is kind of complex.

Please read my post #128: can you tell me if this is possible anyway?

I had modified the code like I said but then I got all strange result like corners in 45degrees in stead of 90 degrees. I know that I did something wrong but couldn't solve it...

Thanks for the reply!