Need better multiline

Vigilante

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ronso,

On behalf of many people: thank you very much for revising things.

In my case I can now use the routine with arguments that are to be passed.

Your little example showed me how to do it:

(wpipe "Mitered" 6 (/ pi 12) "None" "No" 12 nil)

I really have tried to modify things my self but I could not get it working. Somehow I did not pass them correctly or there was some other bug in there wich I could not find.

What is the transition angle meant for?

Regards,

MarcoW.

Several requests have been incorporated with latest update, however occasionally command line prompting issues are encountered now that transition angle is included for size changes.

Hi Ronso,

This version of the routine seems to be very useful and much better than the one I have. Thank you very much for it.

I have used the lisp very much in my work. I have a couple of hopes to make it much more suitable for my use. Is it possible to edit the routine so that the centerline would be on the same layer than the other lines and it's color would be white? I mean the current layer. And the other wish is that the centerline would have been filleted parallel to pipe/duct lines. So if I draw a duct which width is 500 mm and radius 100 mm the centerline radius would be 350 mm.

Thank you all for the great work with this routine.

Regards,

Marko

All credits to the original programmers as well as Ronso :)

Try this one...

- in case of radius + mitered the centerline is fillet

- layer & color matches pipe

...allthough it does not work 100%:

- in case of mitered there can be no center line

- the elbowradius should be the same as the pipe width

Could not make more of it.

WPIPE[9].LSP

• 2 weeks later...

@ Ronso:

When I open AutoCAD, and load the routine WPIPE[9].lsp wich you provided us, I enter the example syntax wich is in the lisp itself on the very first line:

Command: (wpipe "Mitered" 6 (/ pi 12) "None" "No" 12 nil)
Specify elbow throat length <100>:

As you can see it promps for the elbow throat. How come? Because this value is to be passed as an argument... Also the value is just some wild guess I believe for there is nothing entered previously.

Somehow I can't get it to work, can you help us out? Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Asmi,

What can i do with your lisp wpipe to draw the radius of the centerline in an elbow, not the inner radius (smaller one). I can do nothing! Can you please modify your lisp to do this? Thanks!

You might want to read this.

So it is not likely Asmi will reply.

gee, it's saddening to see AutoLispers go like that. There was once an AutoLisper that I knew and who had taught me very much about AutoLisp. I was on a lengthly business trip (2 to 3 months) and when I got back and had time to get online and visit his website, I found out that he had passed away two days prior to that. I was totally shocked!

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to use this routine it works fine up until I hit enter after drawing the ducts. Then everything disappears and there is no error message. I must have some setting messed up. Any ideas?

Everything's OK.

duct.jpg

Hit enter and it's gone.

duct2.jpg

is it possible to have the centre line on a different layer? i use the layer MED-HVAC-CL for mine.

regards

Paul

is it possible to have the centre line on a different layer? i use the layer MED-HVAC-CL for mine.

regards

Paul

Have you tried a 30 day trial of AutoCAD MEP? This app has an enormous amount of tools that automates 2D drafting such as what you're wanting to do.

i have tried mep in the past but struggled a bit with the learning curve, but as most of my work at the minute is hvac it may be something i need to go back to and stick with it. one of my clients has hinted they might be trialling 3d hvac layouts so i am assuming the 3d capabilities of mep are tailored for hvac so it would be easier to learn that plain cad?

i have tried mep in the past but struggled a bit with the learning curve, but as most of my work at the minute is hvac it may be something i need to go back to and stick with it. one of my clients has hinted they might be trialling 3d hvac layouts so i am assuming the 3d capabilities of mep are tailored for hvac so it would be easier to learn that plain cad?

Just get this book: http://www.amazon.com/Aubin-Academy-Master-AutoCAD-2011/dp/1111137927/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306673969&sr=1-1

Yes it takes awhile to grasp - it did me as well. You still have plain AutoCAD so you can get work done and play with MEP until you feel comfortable enough to adopt it fully. We also have an MEP forum for any questions you'll have in your journey to learn it.

regards

Paul

I guess so... This I have not tested but try and see if it works.

Regards, MarcoW

WPIPE[9.1].LSP