acad.ctb

pancake

I would start with renameing the file to perhaps MyOwn.ctb or something - you will probably find an existing ACAD.ctb.

Right-click on the commandline > Options > Files > Printer Support File Path > Plot Style Table Search Path - - in this location is where you place your acad.ctb

After that, reboot AutoCAD (I think, could work anyway), start the Plot command, at the top right corner is a PLot Style-box, find your ACAD.ctb and use it.

If everything is done correctly, your drawing should plot correctly.

Follow the advice given by Tiger. The reasoning is you do NOT want to override your own (probably default) acad.ctb file.

Sorry Tiger thanks for the reply, but I didn't understand the second part of your message, where I should find my acad? Plot style box?

If you don't have a plot style box you may have to open up your box. Press the arrow in the bottom right corner to expose the full screen.

Plot start.jpg

Sorry Tiger thanks for the reply, but I didn't understand the second part of your message, where I should find my acad? Plot style box?
"acad.ctb" is the default plot style that is installed with AutoCAD. Assuming the one that was sent was not tampered with (eg: altered in any way from the original), and if your plot style location is also the installation default (meaning you, or your I.T. department, never changed this search path) then you should already be set up.

Acad.ctb is an Object based color table, so whatever the lineweight is set on the Layer or Objects is what it'll print at.

I would caution against editing the existing acad.ctb (unless it's been edited in the past) and do what Tiger suggested (change name of the one sent to you then add it to the list of available styles).