Lines will not join in Pedit or Fillet the corners

I have a cut out the needs to be a Pline. I can not get the corners to Fillet. They will trim off to each other, but it will not join. They are on the same plane. I attached a sample of the problem I am having. I have worked out a long way around this problem but it is taking me a lot more time than I have. Thank you.

Door Cut Out.dwg

That is crazy. I have been fighting this problem for 6 months. I just opened the file again and it still will not work. It has to be a setting some where. It does not do it on every line. Most of them work like they are meant to. Thank you for for looking at it.

You did want a closed (almost rectangular looking) polyline right?

OK...tried it a second time and I got it to FAIL! Yeah! Your vertical lines are....lines. The top line is actually an arc and the bottom line is a polyline but when it is exploded it is an arc as well.

Tried it two more times and got it to work. I invoked the Fillet command and started with the upper left hand corner and worked my way clockwise around the object. When I was done I noticed that the two sides and the bottom were now a single polyline entity. I then invoked the PEdit command and used the Join option to connect the objects. You can also use the regular Join command instead of PEdit > Join and it will still work.

Either use the trim/extend command first and then join.

Or change the arcs to polylines and then use fillet, apparently fillet doesn't like arcs and polylines as starting objects

Sorry, I don't agree. I have had success picking the end of the arc (as my first pick) after invoking the Fillet command.

I exploded all the lines and got it to Fillet the corners. I had exploded them before but did not see that the one line was already a Pline. I was trying to get the rectangle with a curved bottom and top. It is a light cut out in a panel. I am going to program it into a CNC router. I can turn the piece into a block and convert to DXF then. I am pulling it off a set of plans from some one else. I thought I had removed all the other lines.

Exploding it helped in getting it to Fillet. That is the biggest battle. Thank you.

Sorry, I don't agree. I have had success picking the end of the arc (as my first pick) after invoking the Fillet command.
Yep that will make the lines touch at a zero radius (or radius) but it won't join them at the same time.