two problems

td88

Hello,

I've returned recently to your valuable site. Two problems not encountered before:

While typing a reply, if I wish to copy, paste, cut, etc., I highlight and right click as in other word processing formats but, I get shortcut menu with no cut or copy choices. Frustrating to retype.

I am logged in. When I finish a reply and click "submit reply", I get a log in screen. Small annoyance, however, if I click "back", I've lost my previously typed copy. It does take me back to my reply copy, if I consent to log in for the second time.

Thanks,

Tim

While typing a reply, if I wish to copy, paste, cut, etc., I highlight and right click as in other word processing formats but, I get shortcut menu with no cut or copy choices. Frustrating to retype.
but this isn't a word processor, it's a forum which runs on vBulletin software - do you have the same problem on other vBulletin forums or just here?

I am logged in. When I finish a reply and click "submit reply", I get a log in screen. Small annoyance, however, if I click "back", I've lost my previously typed copy. It does take me back to my reply copy, if I consent to log in for the second time.

yup - that can be annoying, but doesn't the 'you are not logged in' window also contain the log in boxes so you can work through to your post appearing?

This forum is set to log you out after a period of 'inactivity' as most of our members are posting from a terminal in an office where others may be able to abuse the facility of a permanently logged in account. You can 'override' this by selecting to auto log in

but this isn't a word processor, it's a forum which runs on vBulletin software - do you have the same problem on other vBulletin forums or just here?

yup - that can be annoying, but doesn't the 'you are not logged in' window also contain the log in boxes so you can work through to your post appearing?

This forum is set to log you out after a period of 'inactivity' as most of our members are posting from a terminal in an office where others may be able to abuse the facility of a permanently logged in account. You can 'override' this by selecting to auto log in

Strix,

Not claiming this is a word processor, simply attempting to illustrate my difficulty. I doubt I visit other vBulletin forums. No idea. The ability is universal to more than word processors (as you know) and no, I haven't had the problem before.

On your second comment, I'm not saying it's impossible, just annoying and redundant.

I think I might misunderstand you. You're saying most members are on a shared computer?

Not quite clear on your description of the override method but, will try it.

Tim

But if you are in the Windows enviroment you can CTRL+C for copy, CTRL+X for cut and CTRL+V for insert.

I am logged in. When I finish a reply and click "submit reply", I get a log in screen.
Probable you spent too much time writing the reply and the software logged you off.