Units are driving me crazy! Please help!

Hi all,

My drawing units is set to mm (pic 1) in Autocad 2014. When I just use no tool and just the cursor and click it comes up in mm (pic 2). Anything else however comes up in metres (pic 3)! For example, if I draw a line and type 16000 for a 16m line, it goes off the page and I can't even zoom out to find the end.

When I try and hatch an area and put it at the lowest scale of 0.1, it still comes up too big (pic 4) Any bigger than 0.1 then it appears as a solid mass. Is this because it is in metres?

Basically I want it to be in mm and can't find a straight forward way of doing it. If anyone can help, that would be great. :)Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 18.54.38.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 18.46.24.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 18.49.16.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 18.49.24.jpg

The Units command does not set your current document units.

Try the -dwgunits command (with the dash - )

The Units command does not set your current document units.

Try the -dwgunits command (with the dash - )

Thanks for the reply. I have just tried it and it has made no difference unfortunately. Does it being in metres affect the hatching?