Overlaid Viewports Not Lining Up When Plotted to PDF

NoahB

Hi-

So, i am attempting to make some clean, colored prints that have a black outline around the ductwork and and all the equipment. To do so, i am using 2 viewports, same scale, and overlaying them. The top vp shade plot is set to "As-Displayed". The other vp (sent-to-back) shade plot is set to "Shaded". In the as-displayed vp, everything is visible, nothing frozen. In the shaded vp, everything is vp froze- all text and all architectural x-refs, leaving only the duct and the equipment. The reason for freezing the text is that when the vp is set to shaded, the text will not come across as black. The 2 vp.s are overlaid so everything is aligned perfectly.

The problem- When plotted to a pdf, the shaded vp for some reason will shift and not align like it should. No matter how many times i have tried to re-plot it, it will shift, never the same amount. I have created 2 new vp.s, tried creating ucs.s, tried rotating vp.s, anything to see if i can get a different outcome.

The only time i can get the 2 overlaid vp.s to line up is when they are both set to an As-Displayed shade plot which defeats the purpose of a colored print. I will try to post a picture to help understand what is happening. Any suggestions would be great!

Capture.jpg

I could not replicate your problem, attach a file so I can look at it?

If its against your employers policy perhaps a partial file?