My First Draw

egytopp

Yes I am. We aren't going to have that whole discussion again are we?
No sir. Just yankin' yer chain.

This is my first draw , i used downloaded image to create . i wish the Experts check it and tell me their notes.
eqytopp: this is a great job for your first go. I think JD nailed it on the documentation part. But, things to this nature will come in time as you gain experience.

You have the general concept down and you seem to know the basics of creating linework, adding hatches and placing dimensions. Keep at it and your floor plans will evolve into much cleaner and more detailed drawings in time.

Also since you're fresh to the industry, be advised that newer technology and software do exist, such as Autodesk Revit and Bentley's ArchiCAD. See if your school facility offers courses based on these types of software applications as they are quickly becoming very popular in the industry. If not - no worries, just keep it up and continue to be apart of this community and you will grow very rapidly in your endeavors. I know I have!

-Tannar

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• egytopp

• tzframpton

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sorry my english not very will so when I said " avoide your notes" I meant that I ll use your notes to improve my skills and I ll try not make same mistake.

And again I want to thank you all and for especially ReMark.and waitting more help from you

That is very kind of you to say. You are entirely welcomed. :)

I'm sure we can work through any language problems too.

Tank you and i already started withRevit

No sir. Just yankin' yer chain.

eqytopp: this is a great job for your first go. I think JD nailed it on the documentation part. But, things to this nature will come in time as you gain experience.

You have the general concept down and you seem to know the basics of creating linework, adding hatches and placing dimensions. Keep at it and your floor plans will evolve into much cleaner and more detailed drawings in time.

Also since you're fresh to the industry, be advised that newer technology and software do exist, such as Autodesk Revit and Bentley's ArchiCAD. See if your school facility offers courses based on these types of software applications as they are quickly becoming very popular in the industry. If not - no worries, just keep it up and continue to be apart of this community and you will grow very rapidly in your endeavors. I know I have!

-Tannar

I wish i could fix some of my mmistakes

Did you see my earlier posted attachment showing how a floor plan should be dimensioned? Your drawing does not appear to be dimensioned correctly.

Did you see posts 16, 17 & 18? In one of them I asked you a number of questions. Answers would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by ReMark

Dimensioning example.jpg

Sorry but I did not have much time to devote to this but I wanted to show you how I was taught to dimension a floor plan. See how most of the dimensions are inline with each other? I was always told to dimension to the center of an interior wall, a window or a door.

See the three red circles I put around parts of dimensions at the top of the drawing? The extension lines do not touch the house and they extend beyond the dimension line. There is also a gap between the bottom of the text and the dimension line as well.

Different companies will have different standards. I am not saying that my way is the best way. Understand?

Metric floor plan dimensioning.jpg

Hope this is readable.

It is an example of how to dimension a floor plan using metric units taken from the book Architectural Drafting and Design by Alan Jefferis and David A. Madsen.

If you PM me with your email address I can send you a PDF of the above page.

Edited by ReMark

egytopp,

Glad to see you are here willing to learn. AutoCAD is a fun program to learn and I am learning something new everyday (company paid training classes).

I wish you the best of luck in your studies and look forward to seeing your progress.

ReMark, tzframpton, and many others at CADTutor have definitely helped me over the last 8 years that I have been using AutoCAD. Without the forum and teaching me what I have learned... I probably wouldn't be where I am today.