Counting Shapes On Drawing

Leethp

I have created a electrical design using basic shapes to indicate differrent bits of equipment. (i.e. circle and letter s to indicate a smoke detector)

Is it possible to have autocad count how many of each shape are on the drawing?

Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks For quick response I have done that and it works really well:)

Is there a way to set a table up in the drawings showing these quantities?

If you want to get really into this, look at setting up Block Attributes. You can specify many parameters in an Attribute Block which you can later extract into an AutoCAD table or export to excel. To do that, goto TOOLS > Data Extraction. Select CREATE NEW then SAVE filename for extraction to hard drive. Click NEXT you can select a few things here, CLICK on SETTINGS and uncheck XREFS (unless you want xref block/objects counted) Click OK then NEXT - AutoCAD will now scan your drawing for every type of object possible, select the ones you want an click NEXT. From here on explore, I think if you play around a bit you'll get the idea. This is a great extraction method and well worth learning.

In short way!...i used sometimes to count some shape or entities!

Eg.you created 4 lines ,4 circles ,3 rectangles !You can select them and erase!Then you will see in command line "11" numbers erase!Next you can use

"undo" and now you know how many numbers!