HsbCAD

Insener07

It's an add on program for Autocad and ADT that specifies in timberframing and wall sytems for modular and panelized housing.

I have never used it properly im affraid

oh i see, maybe look into getting a trial, have a look on youtube , that's a brilliant resource for actually seeing what programs and software are actually like the'll be sure to have some videos of what people have created with HSB and what they wish to show off.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for necroing this thread, but we use HSBCad in our office here and I just wanted to share my opinion on it. We use their less advertised log package instead of the more common timber frame, but many of the commands are similar.

Overall, I like it. Its modeling is based of of profiles extruded along the axis of a beam. Which can lead to very simple object creation. Structural members like I-Joists, or even corrugated metal roofing sheets are no problem at all to create. There are very simple commands to stretch beams, either to a selected point, an angled plane, or even tied to another beam. Cuts can be applied similarly and notches from the intersection of beams can be created with one command also.

The real reason we got the software was because of its ability to easily interface with our Hundegger automated cutting machinery. This lets us turn a competed 3D model into a truckload of pre-cut, numbered logs and beams, usually in around 2 weeks or less.

Probably of greatest benefit for our company in the software is their "Tool Script Language" or TSLs. You can consider these to be akin to LISPs, written in C code, which allow you to automate any of the HSB commands. We are very lucky in that we have a designer in house with an excellent ability to write these TSLs. And I would recommendend that if you decide to go with the add-on, to seriously consider coding skills in any prospective hires.