Fillet Radius goes to Zero every DWG

jimdi4

Why not just create a new lisp in notepad with

(setvar "filletrad" 0.75)

Than save and put in your startup suite, or add the folder it is in to your "Support File Search Path" in Options....

Sorry, bear with me here, but I 'm new to AC 2009 and messing with new files in AC 2009, so I don't understand what is meant by "Startup Suite". You are the second person who referred to "Startup Suite" and i don;t understand what that is...but just by the replies and suggestions I'm getting the jist of how AC uses the ACADM.lsp to run the acaddoc.lsp...and so forth...so if you can understand my level of understanding, i will get it, even the lisp stuff, but bear with me for not being an expert and knowing exactly what you are suggesting...and BTW thanks to everyone who's offered suggestions you are all great!!!

jl

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimdi4

• dbroada

• Tiger

• totzky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Type in Appload, you'll find the Startup suite there. It's a way to load applications (.lsp .arx etc.) at startup.

Ok, got it, that I do understand...I am aware of that command and the application loads....I went through this once (different forum) to see if anyone had a working LISP for TXT2MTXt because our express tools were not loaded by our IT department in New York. I had loaded several lisps from that forum that were either poorley written or written in earlier cad versions that never worked in AC 2009, I kept getting errors or the lisp would allow me to select the text but then errored out... finally I just gave up...

I added this to my ACADDOC file...Like what was suggested earlier...Shutdown AutoCAd and opened AC back up .... typed in "filletrad" at command line and my Fillet radius was set to 0....?????...I thought the Fillet raduius was supposed to be set to .075 like the lisp routine was programmed below...Any other ideas?

;;;*-*TXT acad.lsp is loaded once, acaddoc.lsp is loaded for each

;;; document, s::startup in any case is called after acaddoc.lsp

;;; has been loaded

;

;;(if (= nil acad_helpdlg)

;; (progn

;; (load "acadr15.lsp")

;; (load (strcat (getvar "menuname") ".mnl"))

;; )

;;)

(if (= nil genlade)

(progn

(princ (load "gen/acadm.lsp" "\nError: acadm.lsp not loaded!"))

(if acadmappend (setq s::startup (acadmappend s::startup)))

)

)

(setvar "filletrad" 0.075)

See if adding another Parenthesis at the end helps...

(setvar "filletrad" 0.075))

Nope..."filletrad" still set at 0...Thats editing the file, shutting down AutoCad...restarting autCad and typing in FilletRad at command line...also check it with the tool bar...same result....

JL:oops:

Nope..."filletrad" still set at 0...Thats editing the file, shutting down AutoCad...restarting autCad and typing in FilletRad at command line...also check it with the tool bar...same result....

JL:oops:

The Filletrad variable always defaults to 0 when opening a drawing. The value is not retained with the drawing when it's closed.

If you want to pre-set it in your acaddoc.lsp, then (setvar "filletrad" 0.075) should work fine, depending on how your Units are set. For example, if your Units are set to Architectural with Precision at 1/4". Your Filletrad variable will still show as 0 when you check it. But if you have your Precision set to 1/16", Filletrad will show as 1/16". It will display to the closest number that your Units are set to.

With Units Precision at 1/4", 0.075 is closer to 0 so it will display as 0.

With Units Precision at 1/16", 0.075 is closer to 1/16" so it will display as 1/16".

To check if your lisp routine is working, change the filletrad value to a higher number. Try this: (setvar "filletrad" 1.0).

Originally by Cad64

The Filletrad variable always defaults to 0 when opening a drawing. The value is not retained with the drawing when it's closed.
Unsolicited advice: start with a template set to filletrad "n".

Unsolicited advice: start with a template set to filletrad "n".
although that doesn't work on my system. :)

in all this discussion I had forgotten it always resets to 0.

Why do they change things so much. :? This is a quote from my Help file:-

Setting the default radius for the FILLET command [support Assistance: ASA]The system variable FILLETRAD sets the value for the fillet radius. This value is saved in the current drawing. To change the default radius for FILLET for all new drawings, you must make the change to a drawing template, and then start all new drawings using that template.

To check if your lisp routine is working, change the filletrad value to a higher number. Try this: (setvar "filletrad" 1.0).

Does the FilletRad have to be in quotes? I will try that...:twisted:...This dosen't work either...

Here is the latest snapshot of the ACADDOC.lisp file:

;;; has been loaded

;

;; (progn

;; (load "acadr15.lsp")

;; )

;;)

(if (= nil genlade)

(progn

)

)

(setvar "filletrad" 0.075))

yes, FILLETRAD must be in quotes. That is the name of the variable you have to set. Without the quotes AutoCAD would be looking for the value of the variable filletrad.

if its still not working that would suggest your acaddoc.lsp isn't being loaded. What folder is it in?

Get rid of that extra parenthesis at the end. the last line should just be (setvar "filletrad" 0.075)

Ok, I removed the last paran see below, started up autocad, created two perpendicular lines, issued the fillet command and....I hit F2..

As you can see radius is still set to zero

Command: _fillet

Current settings: Mode = TRIM, Radius = 0.0000

Select first object or [undo/Polyline/Radius/Trim/Multiple]:

Select second object or shift-select to apply corner:

Here is the snapshot of the ACADDOC file now...

;;; has been loaded

;

;; (progn

;; (load "acadr15.lsp")

;; )

;;)

(if (= nil genlade)

(progn

)

)

(setvar "filletrad" 0.075)