To create complex Line

Parellada

Bigal, good afternoon in Australia.

It is a line pattern.

It does not load the line because you would lack the file of support lstyle.rsc of microstation v8.

The line is the "Ground Line" of microstation v8. But on having moved her of drawing it loses his aspect. It looks at the attached jpg and this it would be the definition of the outline. Because of it I need to define it like *.lin to add it to the file ACAD.lin.

There would be necessary to create a s*.hpe, a *.shx and one *.lin

Graces and regards

Have you tried using the Make Shape and Make Linetype commands found in Express Tools? Otherwise, I see no other way it could be done in AutoCAD.

What do you mean?

First you have to create the shape. Then you incorporate it into your new linetype.

Don't you have Express Tools installed?

If one were really desperate, something like this is possible. All done using the letter "v" and only works for a particular font - not very practical.

I would favour a block and use array or measure.

EarthLinetype.PNG

Hello.

Evidently the problem is of sources, but I have a project with this line and on having changed drawings it loses the definition.

I have created the files (shp, shx and lin), that should draw it but it gives me mistake when the file tries to load line. I accompany files.

Thank you for everything and regards

Tierra.zip

One of the long standing problems in Autocad is the ability to draw a pattern and make it a line type, other software has been doing this since cad first started including smart enough to work on curves. If you search here there is a post by GP about bending hatch patterns to give a result like line types its an old one search by no date limit.

If its straight lines then it can be done easily by lisp curves also but code gets a bit harder.

I have created the files (shp, shx and lin), that should draw it but it gives me mistake when the file tries to load line. I accompany files.

Thank you for everything and regards

What mistake does it give you?

I managed to load it perfectly, and drew some lines. Make sure that the shape file is on the search path.

It would seem that the linetype would only be suitable for straight lines and there is a blank at the ends because the shape is of unit length.

Well done for getting so far.

TierraLinetype.PNG

Good night

The problem had it for wanting to draw directly and what you should have done was to reload the line with the new way.

Many thanks to all.

Without their help I would have not succeeded.