problems with lisp i think.?.?.?

chelsea1307

so, everytime i open a dwg or just start autocad I get an error and have to type Esc Esc before I can start doing anything. Not a terrible thing but I have a little free time today and thought I might try to fix it. Im assuming it has something to do with one of my lisps(and I have 49 of them). They were all created way before I started working here (and this is my first cad job) and I have no idea if I even use all of them, but I dont want to delete them because I dont know what they do and the person/people who wrote them no longer work here and no one still working here knows very much about lisps. now, back to my point. One of them is starting at the beginning of every open. They are all in my start-up suite which could be wrong, no one else here has them there but for some reason if I dont put them there every time I want to use them I have to re-load them all which is time consuming. This is what my command line shows when I open a dwg.

Command:

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.

Loading AEC Base...

Loading AEC Base Extended...

Loading AEC Base UI...; error: syntax error

c:CHText loaded. Start command with CHT.; error: malformed string on input

; error: malformed string on input

; error: no function definition: OK_BUTTON

DDTXT Loaded, type DDTXT to start

DLINE loaded.

FLEX LOADED; error: An error has occurred inside the *error* functiontoo many

arguments

C:XPlode loaded. Start command with XP or XPLODE.; error: An error has

occurred inside the *error* functiontoo many arguments

DOSLib AutoCAD R14

PREP v3.2 loaded. DOSLib AutoCAD R14

PREP v3.2 loaded. Copyright © 1999 by Bud Siebold. DOSLib AutoCAD R14

PREP v3.2 loaded. Copyright ©2000 by Bud Siebold.

Type AboutPrep for more information.

Pick entities you want to scale:

Select objects:

Command: *Cancel*

Command: COMMANDLINE

*Invalid selection*

Expects a point or

Window/Last/Crossing/BOX/ALL/Fence/WPolygon/CPolygon/Group/Add/Remove/Multiple/P

revious/Undo/AUto/SIngle

Is there anything I can look for in the lisps that would cause this? or Is this something that is more complicated then its worth since i just have to hit the esc key twice to start. below is what shows up after I hit esc once.

Select objects: *Cancel*

; error: An error has occurred inside the *error* functiontoo many arguments

Available command: SMASHP (Smash Polylines)

Command: Loaded 'tcloud' type 'TCLOUD' to execute. RDuct Program Loaded!

Type RDUCT at the AutoCAD Command: Prompt

Copyright © Barry R. Bowen 1993; error: An error has occurred inside the

*error* functiontoo many arguments

I have to hit esc the second time to get the command: back into the command line. any help would be greatly appreciated. and if you need any clarification let me know.

Seems to me that some of those lisp you can definitely remove from your start up for sure because they are already items that are incorporated in 2009.

DDTXT (if you're using tables for schedules, then I don't see the need to keep it. That lisp was written to edit multiple text lines without having to individually click.)

RDUCT ( this one is used for HVAC duct running, as I too have had that lisp loaded upon my computer. It's pointless because of the mline function in 2009.)

FLEX ( We don't use this one at all anymore. So I can only suggest that your company probably won't use it either, but best to confirm how you indicate flex duct at your company.)

DLINE (I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that this one is for Leaders and obviously with Mleader or Qleader options you really don't need that one anymore either.)

Well, hope it helps a little bit. :)

thanks for the info on those, ill take them off and see if I have any problems with anything not working because of it. but even with those removed i still am having to hit esc esc any suggestions for that?

oh dear, what a mess!

it looks like you have several errors there. Some of the lisps that are being loaded are from way back and have largely been superseded by built in commands. I'm guessing that these are being loaded through one of the built in start up lisps, such as acaddoc.lsp or acad.lsp

First have a look for these files (they may be in hidden folders) to see what they are loading. From there you can start modifying the loading commands.

I would be inclined to move all your lisps to a new (un pathed) folder and see what stops working. If something important stops working, move it back to their previous location.

I would recommend just taking all them out of your startup suite, and as you need them and load them add them one by one back in there...That way you know which ones you have loaded

That is what I want to do and have been trying to do, one of the big problems im coming across is the person who wrote them didnt always put a little section on the top that says what exactly they do and I dont know enough about them to read through them and figure it out. one other question. is it ok that most of the .lsp files have multiple lisps within them? or should they each have thier own file? Ahhh I really should learn more about lisps.

I would recommend just taking all them out of your startup suite, and as you need them and load them add them one by one back in there...That way you know which ones you have loaded

What do you do if they aren't in your start-up suite, but still load up? And it's not one of the ones highlighted to remove from the loaded application tab?

POst one that you are unsure about and well see if we can try teeling you what it is doing and help you understand a little more about lisp

Ive been able to take out 19 of the .lsp files. I went through them and looked at what you type in to initiate the command and if ive never used that and its not part of any of the buttons I use i removed it. probably more that i can remove but its a start. and something i removed was the problem because i just openend autocad and the errors arent happening. and an added bonus, my ribbon bar is back, i used to have to type ribbon every time i started autocad too and couldnt find a setting to change that but now its back, must've been affected by a lisp. thanks for the help