Solving zero thickness geometry

Akitirija

Hi again!

I have two questions this time.

1) Trying to find out what I am about to ask (without much success), I saw in another forum that another person, for some reason, has to specifically ask you to upload a file (SLDPRT) before you are allowed to do it. Is this the case here too?

2) The real question. I am trying to make this model in SolidWorks:

http://desenho-tecnico6.webnode.pt/images/200000003-8a0858b04f-public/trabEsboco200901.png

Ironically, I am struggling with the very last part: Giving the supporters an extruded boss/base. I receive the error message in the title of the post. I suspect it is because the feature is not able to follow a circular part.

I will upload my try as soon as I know that I am allowed.

Here is the file. Thank you again for your help.

As you can see, there is a triangle that I cannot extrude. I've read that it's possible to extrude it slightly into the next solid, which worked, but then the top corner of the triangle is not where it is supposed to be (id est, directly under the hole).

Professor Andrade 2.SLDPRT

Your slot is oriented incorrectly in relation to the long side of the rectangular base.

One line and Rib feature for each of the ribs (or mirror feature).

Rib.png

Mather, thank you for your help!

On a side note, it's amazing that you spend your time not only helping professionals, but students/novices as well.