Disappearing lines

Sometimes when I do a zoom extents it looks like there's bits of lines. You can't click on them or zoom into them. When you do try to zoom in they disappear. Why does this happen? There are no blocks in the drawing.

Sometimes when I do a zoom extents it looks like there's bits of lines. You can't click on them or zoom into them. When you do try to zoom in they disappear. Why does this happen? There are no blocks in the drawing.

what is your BLIPMODE variable set to? If it's on, set it to off.

Other than that I can't think of what else it might be other than if you're in a SHADEMODE other than 2D and the videocard isn't regenerating the drawing very well. Just a guess.... :)

Cheers for that. But not helped. When you zoom extents it includes them in the extents, but really there's nothing there. they just disappear when you zoom in on them. It only happens on drawings I've received, not on one's I've created. I've also done numerous explode commands but with no effect.

I see this here sometimes and only on drawings using true type fonts. Does this drawing use TTF?

• 1 year later...

Ok, I know this will fix the problem of your disappearing lines. We had the same issues in my department (Transportation Engineering). We are using AutoCAD 2009 and we recently upgraded to Windows 7 as our O.S. from Windows XP.

The problems of the disappearing lines when zooming in or even lines that the angle changed as you zoomed in was only after we migrated to Windows 7.

To fix this problem:

At the command prompt in AutoCAD, enter: 3dconfig

Then click on Manual Tune on the right side of the pop up box.

This will open up another pop-up box. At the very top of this pop-up box, make sure that Enable hardware acceleration is unchecked.

That's it. This should solve your case of the disappearing lines.

• 1 year later...

I signed up just to answer this because I've been dealing with this for over a year.

When I zoom in really far visible edges just disappear but can still see vertices.

I suspect it's just a bug related to low video memory or outdated drivers, because it only happens on my 2005 laptop no matter which version of 3DSMax I use.

I fixed it by going into rendering options>configure driver> and ticking 'display all triangle edges'.

I have no idea *why* it works but it does (for me) without any downsides whatsoever. In fact, it doesn't actually show triangle edges lol. I still have to convert to patch if I want to see them.