direct data entry

jonathantimms

i have no idea why, but when i try and use direct data entry, it goes wrong.

say i start a line at 10,10 and set my next coordinate at 10,20 the line is finishing at 10,30 rather than 10,20. therefore being a diagonal line instead of 10 up.

its basically taking the command as if i have input @0,20

its a while since i used this method, but im not sure why its suddenly doing this!!

any ideas what im doing wrong?

Oops sorry, i found it now, i have a new wireless keyboard, totally different to my old split section one, and franky, no where near as good, ergonomically anyway.

Thanks anyway for that, i like using dyn, so its a good job i found the #. Thay have tucked it away in an awkward place right above the return key, can just see me catching return all the time.

Why, whats wrong with dyn?

hahaha nothing really. The only thing that I find annoying is that all commands are not available from it. I much prefer using the command line area..... but then again I started AutoCAD before dyn was introduced so it's habit also....

I haven't found anything I can't do in dyn. I do sometimes F2 to see all the options but I haven't missed the actual command line.

So I'm the other one who like it!

and I just checked, I started using AutoCAD before you!

I haven't found anything I can't do in dyn. I do sometimes F2 to see all the options but I haven't missed the actual command line.

Can't remember exactly what I couldn't do. But I did find by hiding the command line, I ended up hitting F2 much too often for my liking. I'm a big believer in that command line - so it was more effort than it was worth (for me). Horses for courses I suppose....

So I'm the other one who like it!

and I just checked, I started using AutoCAD before you!

Hahaha maybe you are just better at adapting to new technologies that I am :)