Polyline node commands

I need to put a tick mark every 100' on my polyline. My question is this, are there any commands out there that will allow me to place a node every 100'. My line is a polyline and has several different angles that belong to it. Divide will not work either as it will not give me my desired results. I also have access to CADWORX PLANT.

So i can have it put in various types of symbols at each node loaction, and i can tell autocad what size i want them to be. Is there a way to edit the orientation of the symbol. For example, the symbol i will use is the straight line (since it resembles my desired tick mark) and it comes in by default pointing straight up regardless of the angle of the line it is attached to. Is there a setting somewhere or a command to allow me to set up my symbol to come in perpindicular to the angle of my line. Keep in mind this is a polyline and has several different angles. I have around 2,000 tick marks to add and I would really like to to reduce the amount of work and time involved.

when I use the measure command this is the series of prompts it gives me:

select object to measue: I click on on my desired poly line

specify length of segment or [block]: i type in 100 (units are in feet)

DONE

That is all my measure command does. Are you using maybe some third party software or a lisp routine ? Because im not seeing any extra prompts, at work acad 2005 or at home acad 2009.

I am sorry i am an idiot, i can create a block and insert at the specified length and like you said have it come in aligned. Thats what i get for being to lazy to look it up on my own. :D