More than 1 visibility state

Jeroen1991

Hello,

This is my first time here.

I am working to create a dynamic block of a dresser, this is a simple drawing. the problem is that i want to change the worktop and the plinth with the visibility state. I have download a lisp from internet but as you can see in the drawing the worktop en plinth changed the whole time. i want to lock the chosen plinth and worktop.

I hope that someone can help me. (PS. sorry for bad english)Dynamic kast.dwg

I don't have AutoCAD at home so can't look at your block but out of the box ACAD doesn't support more than one visibility state. You have to build in all the states you need in the table.

There is (at least) one add on that will enable the use of more than one state but I found it difficult to use.

You can also simulate multiple states with look up tables but again, I found these difficult to construct.

Do you mean Multiple Visibility Parameters, rather than Multiple Visibility States?

The only way I knew that you could have more than one Visibility Parameter was through a LISP routine. Seemed to work well enough, but it also seemed to make Blocks inherently a monstrosity. Sometimes too much of something is a bad thing. Here it is: http://www.private.peterlink.ru/poleshchuk/cad/2009/tainypod12e.htm

Was that the LISP you were using?

FWIW, I believe that people have created this same technique by using Lookup Tables instead. I haven't ever attempted it though, but it's non-pseudo and would probably benefit you more.

• 2 weeks later...

You can only have one visibility, but you can have multiple lookup tables. Just make every visibility you need possible (all the different combinations) then use the look up table to make "lists" of each visibility you want in there. Here is an example if you would like:

Floor Joist Dynamic.dwg

Floor joist system. Has 2x and I joists, with multiple sizes for each, and perpendicular or parallel joists.